PDA

View Full Version : PLZ Review My Biuld!!!

rotavation
02-27-2012, 02:35 AM
so i'm building a mid to high end computer so i can advance in 3d animation i have about a years experience in animation but little knowledge on building computers. i was just wondering if you could review my parts list for my computer. so here it is:

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

CPU: AMD bulldozer 3.1Ghz

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

PSU: RAIDMAX RX-1000AE 1000W ATX12V v2.3

OPTICAL DRIVE: LG blue ray burner

GPU: NVidia quadro 4000

HD: 500GB WD caviar black

CPU COOLING: corsair h40

I'm not sure what i'm doing for a case yet i like the corsair 800D but i'm not sure yet if i want to drop that much on a case. if anyone knows a case like the 800D but is cheaper i would really appreciate it. so tell me what you think i already have the CPU so that's not changeable but any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance

olson
02-28-2012, 12:39 PM
CPU: AMD bulldozer 3.1Ghz

Go for the eight core model if you go this route because each pair of cores shares a floating point unit which is used heavily for computer graphics. The six core and four core models are probably not worth it.

PSU: RAIDMAX RX-1000AE 1000W ATX12V v2.3

That's not a good brand nor do you need that much power. A 500W to 600W power supply would be plenty. Check out units from Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, Enermax, and PC Power & Cooling.

GPU: NVidia quadro 4000

What do you plan to do with the machine? This might be overkill and would be very expensive. If that's the budget you're working with you might consider a dual processor workstation, also depending on what you plan to do.

rotavation
02-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the advice but that is an 8-core processor. Thanks for the advice on the psu I wasn't sure on that and I think that I might go for the firepro 7800 because I have heard a lot better things about it .

I do a lot of partical simulations and effects like shatters and fluid sums but I'm stating to do more detailed hard surface modeling. And I already bought the CPU because I got a great deal on it

olson
03-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the advice but that is an 8-core processor. Thanks for the advice on the psu I wasn't sure on that and I think that I might go for the firepro 7800 because I have heard a lot better things about it .

I do a lot of partical simulations and effects like shatters and fluid sums but I'm stating to do more detailed hard surface modeling. And I already bought the CPU because I got a great deal on it

Cool, I was just pointing that out because there are Bulldozer architecture processors that are not 8 core processors. Good luck with the build. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2012, 01:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.