PDA

View Full Version : merge tool?? or..............

lestdog
11-18-2003, 02:38 PM
hello! Today I have had the honor of playing on a workstation wigh digital fusion. Kinda been spitting out iff files from maya to play with and figure out what tool would act as a layers. I thought maybe the merge tool would but every time I try to lay the iff file in the forground of the tool and a tiff as its back ground I can't see the IFF at all. Unless I play with overlay settings but its not showing in the normal setting. Anyone got a figure on this?

THanks

crgowo
12-15-2003, 04:56 PM
make sur eyou have your merge in the viewer and not just your tiff animation sequence.. I only have the demo so it might not be the correct terminology. also on the merge the arrows connecting to it form your iff and tiff files have a different connection color. switch them around. maybe you set them wrong.

RealThing
12-15-2003, 06:51 PM
The merge tool should do what you're asking for. I would take a look at the alpha information in your IFF and make sure it's what you expect it to be. And as crgowo mentioned make sure you have the correct image set as the forground and background. Sounds like you may have them swapped. Ctrl W will swap this for you.

Jayk2k
12-15-2003, 08:02 PM
Turn off the "perform depth merge" under the channels tab. My guess is that there is a z-depth layer to your image, and it's shoving it behind the Tiff seq.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.