PDA

View Full Version : Maya 2012 problem, cant get my spec roll off/ reflection maps to render out in MR

Jinian
02-26-2012, 03:41 AM
I seem to be having a problem getting my spec roll off/ eccentricity and reflection 2d texture maps plugged into my blinn or phong local maya shaders to render in mental ray in maya 2012. This is a problem i never had with the previous versions of maya. Any map i plug in those slots defaults to a value of 1 = 100% white, even if i make my map totally black. However, when i plug a procedural like fractal, checkers or a 3d texture in those slots, they render correctly. I am only using 8 bit .tga files as my texture maps, the other shader slots like ambient/diffuse/bump all work and i am rendering using the default production/fine trace settings.

Also i dont know if the error i am having has anything to do with this, but whenever i open up my hypershade window i get,

/ Error: No such file or directory: C:/Program Files/Alias/Maya Shader Library/shaders //

I can still use my hypershade, but it always displays this error in the command line. I actually do not know why i get this error, my maya 2012 isn't even installed in that directory at all but inside program files/autodesk/maya2012 instead. Any idea how i can tell hypershade to load in the correct file path directory?

Can anybody help me out?

kanooshka
02-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Not sure why you'd be having a problem. The only thing I can think of is that when you're connecting your tga texture to the material, the OutAlpha is being used instead of OutValue. Double check which attribute is connected to the material. If it's not connected correctly try the connection editor to fix the connection. You may also want to try a different file format for the texture to see if that's creating the issue.

For your hypershade issue maybe you could try reinstalling Maya and see if this fixes your issue.

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2012, 01:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.