PDA

View Full Version : when things go horribly wrong

womanonfire
11-18-2003, 01:06 PM
i am a true newb to animation in general and to messiah in particular so i have a question, of course...
when things go horribly wrong in animate mode and you've twised your model beyond all recognition, is there a way to get the rig back into some default position? (back looking as it is in Setup mode) sorta kinda like, getting back to "bind pose" in maya?

Swissphil
11-18-2003, 01:19 PM
When you're in the animate tab, you can reset motion, rotation or all channels from an item to its setup value.
Its a button on the lowest block, just under the movement, rotation or scale values.

I never tried it, but maybe it works with selecting more than one item and then hitting the 'e' Button (for editing multiple items) too.

Hope that helps

Julez4001
11-18-2003, 02:06 PM
Go to setup mode
go to the frame you want to fix stuff
Create key (press enter) for all objects or hierarchy or current group (I usually make a group for each character animatable parts for mass deletion and copying)
go back to Animate mode
that key <for whatever option u opted for> should be back in the default setup position.

Go kiss ur messisah programmer

Swissphil
11-18-2003, 02:18 PM
Now THAT's the reason why one can create keys in Setup mode...

:bowdown: :applause:

womanonfire
11-18-2003, 02:46 PM
thank you!

maybe i kiss you instead :thumbsup:

tjnyc
11-18-2003, 03:03 PM
If you went through the armatures video you can easily setup a an armature for what you want to do and assigning them to a L,M,R mouse button.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.