PDA

View Full Version : Working in a Quiet Mode or closing listener window.

MartinDay
02-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Hi,

I just made a little macro which is suppose to open the windows folder of your currently set project.

execute ("ShellLaunch" + " " + "\"" + "explorer" + ".exe" + "\"" + " " + "@" + "\"" + pathConfig.getCurrentProjectFolder() + "\"" as string)

Not sure if this line is any of a pro :) it works tho.

The problem I'd like to solve here is the listener window opening while it returns "true".
Is there a way to execute the line in any sort of silent or quiet mode? I could not get this to work. Another work around would be to a add a line which will instantly close the listener window but I'm lacking scripting experience to be able to do so.

Will be super glad for your advice.

Thanks

spacefrog
02-23-2012, 05:02 PM
the listener opening on output is a Max setting, you ca simply turn it of in the Maxscript preferences ( "Auto open listenenr on output" )

For the you maxscript part - why so complicated ?

That's how i would do it ..

ShellLaunch "explorer.exe" (pathConfig.getCurrentProjectFolder())

MartinDay
02-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Thanks...

Actually I realised that the listener window opens when I execute the line from the script editor. It does not open any more when I launch the script from my toolbar. So there was no reason to rise the flag. Sorry for bothering you for nothing.

As for the line... for some reason I could not get it working without the @ sign. I'm always having hard time with the syntax :) So, I worked around by preparing the whole string and executing it. Well... they say there is no wrong way there is only a longer way :p

Thanks again
Cheers

Ruramuq
02-23-2012, 06:35 PM
calling explorer.exe, opens a new process

instead:

ShellLaunch (pathConfig.getCurrentProjectFolder()) ""

MartinDay
02-23-2012, 06:38 PM
What is the difference in practice?
If you could explain in simple words...

Thank you

calling explorer.exe, opens a new process

instead:

ShellLaunch (pathConfig.getCurrentProjectFolder()) ""

Ruramuq
02-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Its not as fast as using the process that is already open, and requires extra memory.
When you close the window, the process is still active,
(I don't remember if it stays on memory permanently)
It could also load slightly different settings.

MartinDay
02-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Thanks a lot

Its not as fast as using the process that is already open, and requires extra memory.
When you close the window, the process is still active,
(I don't remember if it stays on memory permanently)
It could also load slightly different settings.

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2012, 07:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.