PDA

View Full Version : The Great Dangerous Pirate Capitain RedBeard

AndHolzmeister
11-17-2003, 11:49 PM
Hi guys I would like to know what does this image tells you, what kind of emotions do you guys feel.

http://krio.com.br/andre/finalrender03.jpg

chalkeye
11-22-2003, 08:20 AM
to be perfectly honest, not much. you have excellent composition, and the style is great, but the pose really lets you down. the pirate isnt actually doing anything relevant, he's just standing with his arm in the air, a parrot on the other for no reason. he's not even looking at the treasure. the eye lacks emotion, particularly. this is an excellent pic, with a little work, it could be great. you need to focus on what mood you are going for, and do what you can to get there.

top notch!

The Idiot.

countessZanne
11-22-2003, 07:22 PM
I agree with GFX Idiot's post. RedBeard looks statuesque instead of "great and dangerous" as your title says. My first thought when viewing this picture was, "I wonder if he's trying to say that the bird is actually the Master here and the pirate the loyal servant," since the pirate was looking at the bird and the bird was evoking a more threatening pose with his wing jabbing and scowl. Plus the bird stands out so much since he's the only non-reddish color found in the scene.

In any case, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say with this picture. Everything looks great - the depth, colors, modeling, lighting, etc. The scene has a nice atmosphere. It has everything you need to be a really cool rendering. You just need to play around with the gestures to push the story and connect the three main elements (pirate, bird, treasure). <-- or just the pirate and the treasure, but then you may have to change the color of the bird so he won't stand out so much.

I hope my comments made sense to you. I look forward to seeing an updated rendering.

Suzanne

AndHolzmeister
11-23-2003, 12:49 AM
Wow!, now I'm happy! that was better than i expected!

You cut into the chase Suzanne!!! You were completly right! The pirate here is the servant, and the Parrot is the evil guy here. But nobody knows it until you see the movie. But I'm really happy that I could make you see that in a still. Every one think that he is the dangerous guy, but behind him ther's the damned bird that tells him what to do, he is so afraid of that bird that he would do anything the bird wants. The title does exactly what i wanted, makes averybody imagine an ugly and dangerous pirate, but when thay see him he's the cuttest character of the short. And he trys to look dangerous but, well he just can't, hes a frustrated pirate for that... i'm planning to release the short december 2004.
Now i'm gonna model the ship from the outside. GFX Idiot, thanx for the crit, and i~m very pleased to know that i am in the mood :)

countessZanne
11-25-2003, 07:54 AM
And_Holzmeister, since you give a hint to the relationship between the pirate and parrot you can push that idea a little more by making the pirate slouch, or hunch his shoulders. He's standing too confidently (straight) to seem like he's afraid. Also, it's kinda hard to tell what the parrot is looking at. To me, it seems like he's talking to someone off to the left of the screen instead of the pirate. Adjust their positions to face to face. Make the connection between them more readily apparent. Your short sounds cute. Put me on the list of people to update when you release it. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.