PDA

View Full Version : Super Hero Marvel Maniacs check this out !!!!

Volcandro
11-17-2003, 11:20 PM
In Production / On The Drawing Board
http://www.marveldirectory.com/marvelmovies.htm
Hope you enjoy :drool:

bentllama
11-18-2003, 12:15 AM
I have been privy to this list for awhile now...

films I really want to see include:

black panther - wesley snipes would rock as bp

venom - and have a sequel that has carnage

deadpool - a chance for some great humour and action

deathlok - one of the coolest and underused characters out there

eliseu gouveia
11-18-2003, 02:08 AM
Whenever I read about ALLLLLLL these comicbook based films that Marvel has been releaing lately, it just makes me wanna ask:

What are the folks at DC doing?

There should have been at least 2 Superman movies with SFX to blow Matrix´s outta the water by now, one Green Lantern to put Star Wars´to shame, one Flash to make 2Fast&2Furious´ run for momee, 3 Batmans to make Daredevil´s cowl in panic, one Teen Titan to make X-Men´s hide under the covers, one Wonder Woman to make Tomb Raider, Charlie´s Angels and the last 10 movies with a female lead start considering seppuku.

Instead, what do they give us?

Catwoman.:rolleyes:

erilaz
11-18-2003, 02:39 AM
Who did Death's Head? I'd love to see a movie of that guy.

Volker
11-18-2003, 03:48 AM
Superman's been on the burner for at least 5 or 6 years now. Its only been recent that they've finally liked some script or something. It will hopefully start production soon.

t-toe
11-18-2003, 04:17 AM
odd... Venom is being done by New Line, whilst Spider-Man is payed for by Columbia... very interesting indeed.

SheepFactory
11-18-2003, 04:23 AM
yeah how is that gonna happen?!

venom without spiderman wont do :(

Volcandro
11-18-2003, 05:47 AM
Waiting for the fx :) hmmmmm

bentllama
11-18-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by erilaz
Who did Death's Head? I'd love to see a movie of that guy.

Death's Head is a UK marvel comic...not bad...I have a few issues of Death's Head 2 kicking around a friend brought back from the UK for me...

http://www.rectrix.cx/rectrix/comicbooks/DeathsHeadII1992/DeathsHeadII1992.1.html

http://www.offwhitenoise.com/music/deathshead2.htm

personally, I would love to see an Alpha Flight movie...with Wolverine...or just gimme the damn comic back!...hell I would draw an Alpha Flight book for free for Marvel just to resurrect the damn series...

xzevlin
11-18-2003, 07:30 AM
It's too bad the rights to Iron-Man and Cap are at different places. I wanna see an Avengers movie before I'm 80, and hopefully a good Thor one.

wedge
11-18-2003, 09:08 AM
i would love to see Fantastic Four done in the same style as Down With Love. it will never happen. marvel superheroes MUST wear leather and have chrome gizmos.

satanatron
11-18-2003, 10:02 AM
I want to see that unreleased fantastic four film...it must be pretty bad......

I'd like to see alot of the comic book adaptations as animated films. I think Todd McFarlane actually wanted the Spawn film to be a feature length anime

bRyaN2003
11-18-2003, 03:55 PM
The unreleased FF movie is one of the worst movies ever conceived...

It's soo bad it's good...

ONe warning though, do not attempt to watch it by yourself, unless you have multiple personalites to make fun of the movie with you...

stakk4
11-18-2003, 04:20 PM
I had heard about the Iron Fist movie. I'm really looking forward to it. Supposedly they have Ray Parks (Darth Maul, The Toad) set up to play the lead. Excellent choice.

And a venom movie? OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH MAMA!

thecrow
11-18-2003, 04:34 PM
I would love to see that!
-Crow

fig
11-18-2003, 04:38 PM
some fun stuff, i'm looking forward to iron man personally. i was doing some browsing on the other films, val kilmer as a possible captain america? did no one watch him as batman? *shudder*

on that subject, all i can say as far as the batman films is to be glad they haven't released anything for a while. they screwed up the last two so bad i think they're trying to get sort've a fresh start with the series.

that being said there is one in the works, christian bale is set to play batman and christopher nolan (memento) is directing. last i heard the script was based around batman and scarecrow so its got some potential. i just wish they'd quit ignoring the two greatest batman stories out there, batman: year one and the dark night returns.

chris

mattregnier
11-18-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by fig
val kilmer as a possible captain america? did no one watch him as batman? *shudder*

ok ok so we all know that keaton was the greatest batman, but if i had to choose between val or clooney, i'd pick kilmer anyday :) I mean come on Clooney's batsuit had nipples! nipples damnit! what was that all about?

eliseu gouveia
11-19-2003, 12:02 AM
Sometimes it´s not entirelly in the actors´hands.
C´mon, I´m not n#1 fan of Kilmer either, but the directors, the writers, the production means, everything play some part on the way the film turns out too.

Example?

Angelina Jolie was BORN to play Lara Croft.
She´s extremelly talented AND she´s a natural for the part.

Did that make the films any better?:rolleyes:

BiTMAP
11-19-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by eliseu gouveia
...Angelina Jolie was BORN to play Lara Croft.
She´s extremelly talented AND she´s a natural for the part....

and lets not forget that angelina jolie was the base Human model for the lara croft model ingame.. So of course she was ment for the role...

Nemoid
11-19-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by bRyaN2003
The unreleased FF movie is one of the worst movies ever conceived...

It's soo bad it's good...

ONe warning though, do not attempt to watch it by yourself, unless you have multiple personalites to make fun of the movie with you...

Totally agree! That movie is so bad and ridiculous that I couldn't believe to my eyes. but that was a particular day, oh yes! since i saw also an old Spiderman movie Japanese version with a Spiderman giant robot into!! :eek: however, I also saw a good versionof spiderman wich was on the net, made from fans, really great ansd scary, with the goblin dressed with traditional costume

Avi Arad:bowdown:
Sam raimi:bowdown:
Brian Singer :bowdown:

the movie I would like to see is Jack Kirby's Fourth World -New Gods- the movie. epic like LOTR, and sci -fi too!!!
But here Peter Jackson is required...

mastermesh
11-19-2003, 09:09 PM
That's a lot of movies... I REALLY AM LOOKING FORWARD TO GHOST RIDER! I always loved that comic book!

xzevlin
11-19-2003, 10:57 PM
I want to see that unreleased fantastic four film...it must be pretty bad......

It's floating around on Kazaa if you have the time to download it. I got it a while ago, but can't bring myself to watch it after seeing a few seconds of Reed's broomstick arm.

onlooker
11-19-2003, 11:07 PM
BLADE 3
Captain America

Larry_g1s
11-22-2003, 05:15 AM
Whenever I read about ALLLLLLL these comicbook based films that Marvel has been releaing lately, it just makes me wanna ask:

What are the folks at DC doing?

There should have been at least 2 Superman movies with SFX to blow Matrix´s outta the water by now, one Green Lantern to put Star Wars´to shame, one Flash to make 2Fast&2Furious´ run for momee, 3 Batmans to make Daredevil´s cowl in panic, one Teen Titan to make X-Men´s hide under the covers, one Wonder Woman to make Tomb Raider, Charlie´s Angels and the last 10 movies with a female lead start considering seppuku.

No offense, but I think you answered your own question...lol. Sorry, DC's cool and all, but nothing compared to Marvel.

I agree with you Bentllama, a Venom movie would be amazing. I'd like to see one on Deadpool to. :applause:

stakk4
11-22-2003, 09:59 AM
hold the phone! I just re-read the post and saw the part for the iron man movie. that was always my favorite comic! they will need some seriously outstanding CG to pull it off though.

and I'll be disappointed if they do give the lead to dicaprio, as is being suggested on the sight. I dont think he'll be able to pull it off well. But......no matter I can't wait to see it

KolbyJukes
11-22-2003, 06:14 PM
yeah,

Venom and Deadpool would top my list for sure. I've been a hardcore venomite since i was about 10. I had heard rumours he would appear in spiderman 3.

-Kol.

SheepFactory
11-22-2003, 06:25 PM

Example?

Angelina Jolie was BORN to play Lara Croft.
She´s extremelly talented AND she´s a natural for the part.

Did that make the films any better?:rolleyes:

Tomb Raider: The Cradle of life is the reason FFW button on the remote is invented.

frogchild
11-22-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by thecrow
I would love to see that!
-Crow

Yeah, you and no one else.
Try explaining the ricoete rita/Spiral conection on the big screen. Maybe include those lovable X-Baibies..

erikals
11-22-2003, 08:20 PM
It's all in the script. It actually kind of scares me that they're making all these movies, I mean, they're making them fast just to earn money, doesn't seem that they care about the movie itself that much :curious: After the succsess Spiderman, it's almost like everybody went crazy. Anyway, crossing my fingers for these ones...

Iron Man
Venom
Fantastic Four

FUG1T1VE
11-23-2003, 04:09 AM
Thats a lot of movies, no wonder Marvel was trying to buy Artisan for $160 million but Lions Gate had a better deal.

Making nearly all comics into movies has become the new thing.

The only good ones would be Deadpool, Venom, and Iron Man. But I could be wrong.

Whats keeping Todd from making Spawn 2? I want to see an R rated version allready.....

eliseu gouveia
11-23-2003, 05:13 AM
Power Pack.
Rom.
Thor.
Black Panther.
Black Widow
Cloak and Dagger

Gawd, Marvel has SO MANY cool "convertible" characters I don´t even know where to start..

chrisWhite
11-23-2003, 07:38 PM
I wonder if we'll ever see S.H.I.E.L.D. in any of these. Hydra would be pretty cool as well. I think the coolest ever would have to be an Avengers movie, but right now I have high hopes for Iron Man, Captain America and Fantastic Four. I'm also hoping we get some more characters from X-Men, I mean two movies and we haven't even seen Beast (in any real part) or Angel yet.

Grayscale
12-04-2003, 02:40 PM
These sound cool. I would love to see an Avengers flick AND a JLA flick.
As for the X-men series, YES ..more characters that don't have a 2 second part. I mean, did anyone else find themselves screaming "YES" when Colossus was like "I can help you". I was like, kick some ass tin man. I'd like to see Gambit and Beast in there as well. They were "hidden" in the second film, but I want to see the actual characters this time. no Bishop though... that would just take too much back story to fit in the 3rd film. You'd have to bring Forge into it too. Oh well. I'm rambling.

mattregnier
12-04-2003, 02:49 PM
I definitely see X-men as having as long a movie franchise as the Star Trek movies did. If they keep releasing quality hits, I think we will all be very happy mutant fanboys in the next decade :)

Clanger
12-04-2003, 04:10 PM
I am enjoying this craze of turning comics into films, X-men 2 has it's spot in my top ten best films of all time and I even liked 'The Hulk' but... is it me or has it been at the expense of the good old sci-fi go and meet the aliens out there type films?
Can't remember the last really good space exploration film I saw.

Ross Forster
12-04-2003, 05:20 PM
In the case of the Batman movie, its going to have to take some pretty heavy convincing to get me hyped, because the past films have been an absolute joke.

Val Kilmer and George Clooney can go to hell, the only true Batman is Kevin Conroy ...the voice of Batman in all animated versions.

The animated shows and comics are where its all at. The live action films thus far have been tosh!

Ross

Cageman
08-27-2004, 07:37 AM
I really look forward to see Deathlok. I read the 112 page "pilot" comic about 14 years ago. I remember that I thought it would be a cool movie, and lo and behold... it seems it´s going to be produced. :)

Cageman
08-27-2004, 07:46 AM
I wonder if we'll ever see S.H.I.E.L.D. in any of these.Crossing my fingers now, but I´m pretty sure they were involved in trying to capture Deathlok (in the "pilot" comicbook).

CrazyAnimator
08-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Actually there was tv (movie) pilot of Nick Fury: Agent of Shield.. aired hmmm, I think in 1998. Starred David Hasselhoff (Nick Fury) but it was so badly done. :p

Teyon
08-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Some where in this section of CGTALK there's mention of a ...ugh...AQUAMAN movie, so I guess DC's still in the game....kinda. ...well, not really.

Now, the films, or some of them, have been kicked around for at least a decade, tied up in legalities, financial costs, and the all important why bother factor. I mean, VENOM? Gang, Venom is a kick butt Spidey villain (who should most definitely be in the next SPidey film IMO) but beyond his appeal as a CG character, I don't think VENOM as a film would be all that good. I mean, why would you care about him? He has little to no redeeming quality at all from my memory. I mean you could go the Jason/Freddy/Scream/Myers route and have it as a simple slash fest but eh...not for me, thanks. Ya may as well get just as excited over a Dr. Doom flick ( which may actually be more interesting too).

The FF movie was really really bad. The Cap movie was equally as bad (all of them) and Man-Thing? Did they not see what happened to DC with the Swamp Thing? Movies from MArvel I think would work:

Captain America (done right this time)
Iron Man
Ghost Rider
Black Panther
Black Widow
(a new) FF
Wolverine
Dr. Strange ( I think it could be fun)
Iron Fist (or even Power man AND Iron Fist...kung-fu sells)
(a new) Nick Fury, Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Movies from D.C. I'd like to see:
KINGDOM COME (they could break the whole thing up into 3 movies if they want, I don't care)
The WATCHMEN
The Dark Knight Returns (who wouldn't love to see Supes get his butt kicked by a 60+ year old Batman?)
Green Lantern (I mean, Aquaman? What were they thinking?) They could use Walter Simonson's concepts from back when they first pitched the idea
JLA

There's lots of cool characters in both companies but some, like THOR, would be too difficult to pull off. I mean, Thor's a god...how do you get people to care about him? Most of DC's non-core title characters would curl up and die if they went up against Marvel's characters in a popularity contest, so I hope DC learns from past mistakes because their glass is half empty.

FloydBishop
08-27-2004, 09:41 PM
I'd like to see a "Hulk" movie and a "Fantastic Four" movie that use the comics as a script. Set the stories in that same time period, and don't update the clothes or origin stories.

The cold war and nuclear radiation fears were great plot devices. DNA splicing/tampering just can't compare.

That goes for Spidey as well.

I guess Hollywood knows what's best though when it comes to comic book movies, right "Catwoman"?

http://www.celebritywonder.com/mp/2004_Catwoman/2004_catwoman_007.jpg

puppetmastah
08-28-2004, 02:33 AM
Fantastic Four and definetely Iron man!! Tony bring it on!!

TheAlienGus
08-30-2004, 12:03 AM
May i ask a question?

Why was "Daredevil, the Movie" so popular?
Why was "Hulk, the Movie" so popular?

They had some perfect actors, but seriously if you are going to do something do not half ass it, put MILLIONS into it, lots of them. Seriously they can not touch some of these movies without a HUGE budget. The Hulk movie ruined it for me. Same for Daredevil.

Iron Man needs a HUGE budget.

They could have done a better job with the x-men movies . . . sorry. X-men is one of my all time favorites, where is the good stuff? Apocolipse, Mr Sinister, Gambit, Place more money into Jean's F/X, Angel or ArchAngel . . Whatever incarnation of Warren would be good. Get some Onslaught too. Cable - Stryfe? I'd love to see them go off on this Dark Phoenix thing, than go into Apocolipse. With him you could bring in Sinister and Gambit, Cable, Stryfe and both incarnations of Warren.

They need to do Batman justice, have it directed by Tim Burton. Use Scarecrow as the villian.

Spider Man suggestions: Venom and Carnage, the whole black spiderman uniform . . . that would be wonderful.

Batman VS Superman: Just like the comics. That would be terrific

Sorry, just my opinions.

Dearmad
08-30-2004, 12:27 AM
I liked Daredevil. Have watched the DVD a number of times... it's pretty good. I'd even go so far as to say it's scripted rather well and the editing isn't too bad either. Considering the basis of the hero they have for that film, yup, not too bad at all.

My daughter likes it a lot for some reaso too- she's the real reason I've watched it so many times. I think she likes the Elektra character.

Cageman
08-30-2004, 12:39 AM
I liked Daredevil. Have watched the DVD a number of times... it's pretty good. I'd even go so far as to say it's scripted rather well and the editing isn't too bad either. Considering the basis of the hero they have for that film, yup, not too bad at all.Agree!! I don´t really know what so bad about the Daredevil movie? By the way, I liked Hulk pretty much to.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.