PDA

View Full Version : FXWARS Challenge:34 -ROSWELL 1947 CRASH FAQ: Post your questions

RobertoOrtiz
02-18-2012, 07:09 PM
FXWARS THE WAVE FAQ: Post your questions
Post your questions for the THE ROSWELL 1947 CRASH FXWars

TheGrak
02-20-2012, 06:03 PM
I really like the idea of doing a live-action video of a UFO crashing.
However, I don't want to travel to Roswell, New Mexico to shoot on-location footage.

Could I do a video of a UFO crashing around my local city?
Or perhaps a video of multiple UFO crash lands around the city?

Really excited about this UFO challenge. :)

RobertoOrtiz
02-20-2012, 06:21 PM
The challenge is designed so you control how simple or complicated it is.

The only thin I need in your entry is an UFO crash.

For example If you live in Alberta Canada, you can do a crash in a field there.
-R

chiess
02-23-2012, 11:19 PM
The only thin I need in your entry is an UFO crash.

any UFO is okay? or must it be a saucer - a "simple" - round shaped flying plate ?
would be a more complex shaped UFO allowed for this fx war, such as Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, Independence day (which has an awesome reference scene for an UFO crash in the desert - where Will Smith makes his first contact and welcomes him to planet earth), etc. ?

RobertoOrtiz
02-25-2012, 05:13 AM
any UFO is okay? or must it be a saucer - a "simple" - round shaped flying plate ?
would be a more complex shaped UFO allowed for this fx war, such as Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, Independence day (which has an awesome reference scene for an UFO crash in the desert - where Will Smith makes his first contact and welcomes him to planet earth), etc. ?

Any UFO is ok...

A long it looks like an UFO.A ship from ID4 should be Ok since it is described in the film as an UFO. But the Enterprise or the falcon would not be appropriate UFO's.

Wirginia
02-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Hi,

I have posted my WIP, and then I found that I will get help in animation. Should I change type of entry to team, or leave it as it is and give credit to person who helps me as freelancer?

RobertoOrtiz
02-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Hi,

I have posted my WIP, and then I found that I will get help in animation. Should I change type of entry to team, or leave it as it is and give credit to person who helps me as freelancer?

If you wish, I can change the name of the entry,

Wirginia
03-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Oh, yes please, Roberto. I tried to do it myself, but at the end it didn't work. Team entry: Wirginia Romanowska and Kelly Phillips. Everything else stays as it is. Thank you.

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2012, 03:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.