PDA

View Full Version : Maya 2011 batch render issue using xeon

darklopium83
02-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Hi guys,

I built a computer for working at home and i'm encountering weird issues.
I did a really simple scene, there is a base mesh of a character, 2 blinn shaders.
nothing extraordinary...when i render using the button in maya, takes 2 seconds and it's done.
When I use maya batch render, the render goes to 4 min... I tried to change some option like forcing maya to use the 24 threads, checked and unchecked the auto tiling option, unchecked the option "render on a network machine" , changed the project folder ( was on a RAID0 HDD so I switched to a normal one just to see...) and still the same problem...and during the whole period rendering, there's nothing happening in the task editor, like all my threads are set to 0% for 2 minutes and suddenly it goes to 100% for 2 seconds (it write the file at this moment with a 1ko size) and then they go back to 0, and after that i have to wait one minute and my render is done! I have no idea why it gives me that problem.
I'm using MR and basic render option, does anyone have any idea about what's going on?
thanks for your help

THExDUKE
02-20-2012, 07:25 AM
If the verbosity level in the BatchRender options is still at Warning Messages, try changing that to Progress Messages only.

darklopium83
02-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Hi Man,

thanks for your answer, unfortunately it didnt change anything, i still go from 9 sec. in maya to 3 min while using batch render...

darklopium83
03-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Just to let you know if something similar happen to other people.
I did install Maya 2012 and the problem is gone.
I even imported my prefs. from maya 2011 and it's working perfect now.
I don't know what happend because my computer worked well while rendering my reel with maya 2011, i'm still confused but at least i can render normally again.
cheers

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2012, 09:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.