PDA

View Full Version : Still : Bikini Chick(en)

hannibar
11-17-2003, 09:37 PM
Modelled/rendered in blender. PP with photoshop.
Comments/Suggestions?
http://users.pandora.be/willem.packet1/turkey.jpg

IanBrightNZ
11-17-2003, 09:54 PM
Disturbing, very disturbing...

Technically though, I'd say the light on the chick and plate is too much, its flaring out bigtime. Try toning it down a tad. Also the whole scene looks like it needs some antialiasing when you render. The edges are pixelated.

Other than that its... uh, ...hmmm, well, how can I put this...

I'm sorry, I need to take a minute... :hmm:

Njen
11-17-2003, 10:24 PM
I agree with the lighting on the plate needs to be less intense. There would probably be a small amount of bounced light under the chicken. Right now it's completely black.

Also, there seems to be light being cast on the side panels on the outside of the column of microwaves on the right. The middle row of microwaves don't look like they are casting shadows on it.

Overall, well, yes. It definately is a chicken in a bikini! I love the colour grading, btw.

kyuketsuki
11-19-2003, 05:39 AM
A wonderfull break from normal.

I agree that the shadows inside the oven are way too dark for the situation.

I actually disagree with the need to make the light less intense because I think that is the main component that focuses the viewer and adds the odd 'aura' to the image.

Question, any particular reason for the heavy grain treatment, or is this merely for aesthetics?

Shinova
11-19-2003, 05:54 AM
Well given that it's done with Blender I'm sure we could forgive some of the oddities in there that we normally don't see in a work done with a pro package.

The idea: I like it.:thumbsup:

GFX-Arts
11-19-2003, 12:35 PM
Nice :)

hannibar
11-19-2003, 02:36 PM
Well given that it's done with Blender I'm sure we could forgive some of the oddities in there that we normally don't see in a work done with a pro package.
That's not true at all. I made this picture in a few hours. Due to a lack of time, I haven't completely polished it, and the errors you see are totally my own fault. In fact, now that I think about it they could have been avoided easily.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, and keep them coming ...

igorsandman
11-19-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by hannibar
That's not true at all. I made this picture in a few hours. Due to a lack of time, I haven't completely polished it, and the errors you see are totally my own fault.
Blenderhead pride hehe. ;)
I agree with the fact that blender can do "pro looking" renders.
I like the picture. Very funny. I don't think the noise was necessary though and I agree with the light issue.
Keep on blending.
-IS-

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.