PDA

View Full Version : newb question on mac

Balvarez
02-16-2012, 05:09 PM
I use blender on the pc and you can set what you're rotating around by pressing "num." but on the mac I don't have a number pad. I don't really know what the command is even called to remap the button. I have a feeling I'm doing something dumb but any help would be greatly appreciated regardless.

thanks

RichardMarklew
02-16-2012, 06:30 PM
File / User Preferences / Input. Select the 'Emulate Numpad' tickbox so the keyboard 1-0 number keys act like the numpad keys

Balvarez
02-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Thank you for the reply. I think that only remaps the number keys though. I'm not really sure what the num. key remaps too or if it does

hvanderwegen
02-22-2012, 07:14 PM
If you have the option, switch to another keyboard with a numpad. I always wondered why Apple decided to remove the numpad on some of their desktop models.

Also an option: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418900

Razer Naga with built-in numpad on the side. I have one, and it works very well in Blender for quick navigation.

Balvarez
02-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Thanks I'm looking into those mice they look pretty cool. I had no idea that existed

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2012, 08:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.