PDA

View Full Version : Animation: BIPED PUNCH COMBO

abe3d
11-17-2003, 07:32 PM
I just finished it, curious on any thoughts. :-)

www.abe3d.com/mod_ani/fight.wmv

blindsleeper
11-17-2003, 07:37 PM
thats some absolutely awesome animation... the flow is right on, they seem very realistic to me

Volker
11-17-2003, 07:45 PM
Looks great, just a couple small details that could really make it snap. First, his right leg comes down too late and slow on the first punch. If you're punching down, with all your weight, then you're going to be catching that weight really quickly. I'd also start him from a stable pose, not the floating thing he's in now. This is a personal thing, but I wouldn't have him look away on the second punch. When he lands, he is way off balance in the 3/4 viewport. After the combo, I'd also get his shoulders back to the end pose sooner. It seems like everything is done, and then the mechanical shoulders rotate back into place. It doesn't look natural. Something is bugging me with his arms on the last hit. I'd just check the paths to make sure you've got nice curves going on there. You have a lot of great movement and snappiness going on here. Very fluid, Great job!

~Zach

smoke
11-17-2003, 08:00 PM
Looks great. Has a good over-the-top-comic-book style to it.

iBlue
11-17-2003, 08:48 PM
i like it, it all flows except for one point. The 1st punch doesnt seem to have any impact on the attacker like the second punch did, there is no recoil on impact.. even a small studder in the arm would work.

gardocki
11-17-2003, 08:52 PM
It almost looked like the opponent dodged the first punch. Maybe that was the intent.

MSmith
11-17-2003, 09:30 PM
I like it.....my only comment is you should have the old boxy biped beating up the new stupid looking biped, not the other way around....

great job!
:buttrock:

Malaveldt
11-17-2003, 09:32 PM
I think it's really effective.

RYU-KEN!

Migs
11-17-2003, 10:47 PM
This is an excellent, believable animation, and I think the alleged problems are very minute and unless you're looking very hard for problems, you won't see them.

How long did it take you to do this, abe3d?

abe3d
11-18-2003, 03:23 AM
Wow, those are some good points, ESPECIALLY the babyhopper:"catching the weight"... real cool! fixed a couple of lil things too (especially near the end). I made this as an employment test for Rockstar Games... hope THEY like it too! took like 3 days workin on and off. Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

phoenix
11-18-2003, 04:55 AM
very nice,....

abe3d
11-19-2003, 06:41 AM
I've tried to address the "minor points"... check out the link again for the final version! :D <thanks all again>

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.