PDA

View Full Version : "Image I/O Error" 3DS Max 6

teddy61174
11-17-2003, 05:14 PM
Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you can help me out with this problem I am having when I apply a large texture to an object in Max 6. You see, I am working on a short animation that has very involved scenes and whenever I attempt to apply one of my very high rresolution textures to my scene, it gives me this error: Image I/O Error - Invalid File Header. Also at times it will give me this error: I/O Error - Memory Error. Now, this also happens on another machine I have, so i know it isn't a hardware problem.
What happens is, when i open one of my scenes in Max 6, I'll have a brand new high res texture applied to an object and it will work nicely for about the first 10 times i open max up and work in it.....But then sooner or later when i open the file up, the texture would just be gone....that object would be completely without a texture. Then when i try to re-apply it, it would give me these errors i mentioned.

Can someone please help me out with this? I am so close to finishing this animation and it's so frustrating.

Thanks,
Teddy

JDex
11-17-2003, 05:47 PM
Ut sounds like Max cannot resolve the compression on the image, Try a different image format or disable any compression on the image (i.e. zip, rle on tiffs). Also perhaps Max doesn't like the bit depth your using on that particular format...

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.