11-17-2003, 04:44 PM
Hi, here is my latest work
It was made for a movie Im working on
Software: 3dsmax + brazil
http://hem.bredband.net/frisyr/husosv3.jpg
enjoy! ;)

TOMMY 3D FREAK
11-18-2003, 09:04 AM
I am surprised nobody has given any comments on this excellent picture, so therefor I will comment on this picture...

This is Awesome!

I very much like the mood you created, lighting is also very good!

I like it!!!!!!!!

Jungle_Tintin
11-18-2003, 09:59 AM
Excellent work!:applause:
The lightning is wonderful!:thumbsup:

charithmax
11-18-2003, 10:30 AM
nice work man!:thumbsup:

nice lighting! great work!

Garma
11-18-2003, 10:41 AM
creepy. surreal. Nice work:thumbsup:

BazyBen
11-18-2003, 11:34 AM
thanks a lot for your comment guys!
im glad you like it :)

igorsandman
11-18-2003, 01:41 PM
This mood reminds me of Delicatessen. Nice lighting and texturing.
Keep up.
-IS-

Akildee
11-18-2003, 02:33 PM
you obviously know what your doing with the brazil plugin, but your environment itself seems rather boring especially in the foreground. If it's a broken down city, it doesn't look broken down enough. There just aren't enough objects and debris incorporated into the composition. If the city isn't broken down, but just old, how about some signs and lights. I think it just feels kind of empty right now, but it's looking good so far.

akil

BazyBen
11-18-2003, 05:30 PM
you obviously know what your doing with the brazil plugin, but your environment itself seems rather boring especially in the foreground. If it's a broken down city, it doesn't look broken down enough. There just aren't enough objects and debris incorporated into the composition. If the city isn't broken down, but just old, how about some signs and lights. I think it just feels kind of empty right now, but it's looking good so far.

yeah youre right, its a little empty.. Im gonna fix that

BazyBen
11-18-2003, 05:32 PM
Here is another render from a diffrent perspective, and yeah i know, its very dark.. but its suppose to.

http://hem.bredband.net/frisyr/husosvny3.jpg

Njen
11-18-2003, 05:45 PM
For the first image:
the sky looks a little flat, like the clouds are mapped on to a plane.

I think the lighting needs more orange/brown to it, because it looks white at the moment, when compared to the sky colour.

I think the shadows are too harsh and dark. If this is an overcast day, then there is usually more light and less shadow since the clouds disperse the light and scatter it far more than a direct source. The area to the right of the steps in the middle is too dark.

For the second image:
I like this better. There is more of a definate light source which allows for a darker shadow, plus I like the grade.

I still think it could be a little lighter. the wall on the side is quite bright, and would bounce more light on to the wall facing us (IMHO).

Very cool overall!
Cheers!

BazyBen
11-18-2003, 06:33 PM
Njen, thanks
youre right, I havent thought of that, Ill get right on it ;)

Akildee
11-19-2003, 03:47 AM
yeah the second image is much better. It has much more visual interest. However you still may want to lighten the shadow area just a bit. you never want an area in a compostion that has absolutely no visual elements with the very darks or ver lights. You also need something in the foreground to draw us in. But you did say it was for an animation right. Maybe that's where the action is going to take place? If so then that's cool, but if you want to pass it off as a still you may want to add something in the foreground. Nice job so far though don't get me wrong! I just see it's potential.:thumbsup:

MonkeyJunk2003
11-19-2003, 05:43 AM
Dude that some mad cool junk you got goin on! You have a nice sence of atmosphere and lighting. The only thing I don't like about them is the texturemapped sky, but I never have it looks too fake for me.. But other than that Propz on the good work..

---------------------------------------------

Visit ARTOMIKE.COM (http://www.artomike.com)

BazyBen
11-19-2003, 01:49 PM
Thanks a lot MonkeyJunk2003 and Akildee, I appreciate it
:beer:

WormGod
11-19-2003, 02:50 PM
Sets the mood and visuals for the next Silent Hill game. ;)

Good job!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.