PDA

View Full Version : S.s.s.

pluMmet
06-11-2002, 07:57 AM
Hey...you LW guys have some info i need, if you please.
i own another 3d package (i don't mention it just to keep the peace.) anyway the standard renderer doesn't do S.S.S. so I bought a plugin one. So I wanted to compare mine to yours so if someone here could point me toward a LW S.S.S. tutorial I'll be able to see the functions and aplication of yours.

thanx for any help

*applying fire retardent Afro-Sheen so my hair will live past the flaming:wavey:

Eugeny
06-11-2002, 08:57 AM
Sorry but what is S.S.S. ? - is this sub scattering surface?

pluMmet
06-11-2002, 09:25 AM
yes this is sub scattering surface.:bounce:

Eugeny
06-11-2002, 11:03 AM
Here the one:
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~pq1a-ogs/sss_e.html
and anather one:
http://www.battlefleet.net/
also go to flay.com and search for scatter on plagin database...
Good luck :)

pluMmet
06-11-2002, 02:36 PM
thanks for the effort Eugeny- however the first on is a plugin and I'm looking for the built in LW Tutorial. The second shows the effects of using LWs built in S.S.S but it doesn't explain how to use it or what paramaters you have acess to.

do you or anyone else have a better one?:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Dis
06-11-2002, 03:16 PM
the plugin itsself rocks, no need for another one. but you might have a look for a manual =)

Dis

Cman
06-11-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by pluMmet
thanks for the effort Eugeny- however the first on is a plugin and I'm looking for the built in LW Tutorial. The second shows the effects of using LWs built in S.S.S but it doesn't explain how to use it or what paramaters you have acess to.

do you or anyone else have a better one? <snip>

The SSS plugin "OGO" is awesome. For only $30(US) it's a damn steal! :xtreme:
Who knows, by LW8 it could be "in the box", but for now it's "practically" free.

pluMmet
06-12-2002, 12:23 AM
I was under the impression that s.s.s. was built in....ooops!

sorry to bother you guys:beer:

Cman
06-12-2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by pluMmet
I was under the impression that s.s.s. was built in....ooops!

sorry to bother you guys:beer:

whatever :rolleyes:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.