PDA

View Full Version : bedroomstudy

karlworks
02-13-2012, 02:59 AM
Good day guys,

my first post for over 4 years.anyways,just would like to make a bedroom study for my personal work.i'll start with a daylight then try a night scene and perhaps an early morning scene

how will i produce the same light on the window of my reference photo?been a hard thing for me to come up with something like that.http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/braincr/bedroomtest.jpg

faultymoose
02-13-2012, 04:33 AM
Nice start! I'm not really all that experienced with archvis, but I do believe one of the common archvis 'tricks' is to place a large, 'grey' area light behind the camera shining into the scene for general fill and ambience. It helps to eliminate the unusually dark surfaces facing away from your primary light source (such as the back wall of your room) without needing to force secondary bounces or final gather/GI scale into unrealistic levels.

Also, try pushing your key light much brighter. At the moment it's only subtly brighter than the ambience of the room. If you want it to feel like sunlight, push it as far as you can without excessive clipping (but even some clipping can be nice, depending on how closely you're trying to simulate photographic exposure).

karlworks
02-13-2012, 04:51 AM
thanks faultymoose!!

im using 2 area lights on the windows with physical sun and sky.what i wanted is to have a bright light shining from the window like in the reference photo.

Darkmalan
02-13-2012, 07:05 AM
It looks like you just need to up the intensity of the sun because I can see the direct sunlight on the floor its just very subtle at the minute.

CHRiTTeR
02-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Doesnt look to bad... Shaders can make a big difference ;)

kanooshka
02-14-2012, 03:51 AM
Hi Karlworks,

You're off to a good start. Materials will definitely help but there's a couple lighting things that could be adjusted. First off, the wall with the windows on it is getting too dark. In the reference it's about the same brightness as the ceiling but has slightly darker corners. Do you have a wall behind the camera? If not, that could be the reason there isn't light bouncing back towards the windows. Also, the sunlight could be much brighter, look how bright it is in the reference compared to the light hitting the white wall. When you do get to materials, don't forgot reflections and highlights they're very important in window lit interiors.

-Dan

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2012, 03:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.