PDA

View Full Version : Schools in Central and Southern Connecticut

tnaziri
02-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Im looking for schools in central and southern connecticut (mostly community) that has a rigorous cirriculum in Digital Animation and Visual Effects. In the future I am looking forward to attend schools such as DAVE School or Gnomon but I want to get my foundational skills down first.

taxguy
02-13-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't know of any programs that you want in Connecticut. However, Boston University has a center for digital imaging arts that might meet your needs. For further information, go to their web site noted here: http://www.cdiabu.com/waltham-campus/

Their contact phone number is: (781) 209-1700.

ToddD
02-13-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm sure there is some info missing, but if you are currently in Brooklyn why wouldn't you explore Pratt or SVA.

tnaziri
02-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the info taxguy but I'm looking more into CT because I have residency there. I'm not looking to take out loans or anything, trying to keep it cheap. That's why I'm also looking for a solid based program at a community college in CT, I just need to be pointed in the right direction and not waste time. I'm already 20 and I am doing a whole career switch..econ/ finance wasn't keeping me happy lol

tnaziri
02-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the info, however I have residency in CT. I'm 20 doing a whole career switch, originally I was going to school majoring in Econ/ CompSci. I'm still doing CompSci however I want to incorporate my art as well. So without wasting anytime I'm just looking to be pointed in the right direction and I am not trying to take out any loans right now. I've been doing research but I don't know what would the best curriculum to follow, PLEASE HELP!!

taxguy
02-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Im looking for schools in central and southern connecticut (mostly community) that has a rigorous cirriculum in Digital Animation and Visual Effects. In the future I am looking forward to attend schools such as DAVE School or Gnomon but I want to get my foundational skills down first.

You should definitely look into Mass College of ART. If you are a New England resident, the tution is $16,600 per year plus room and board. Better yet, if you work in mass for a year and get residency there, which means changing voters registration and drivers license, the tuition and fees for Mass Residents is only $9,700. You will never find something cheaper or better.

Mass College of Art is also a very good school. They have a number of RISD teachers who teach there part time.

tnaziri
02-15-2012, 04:23 PM
I will definitely look into that, thanks for the info!

fig
02-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the info taxguy but I'm looking more into CT because I have residency there. I'm not looking to take out loans or anything, trying to keep it cheap. That's why I'm also looking for a solid based program at a community college in CT, I just need to be pointed in the right direction and not waste time. I'm already 20 and I am doing a whole career switch..econ/ finance wasn't keeping me happy lol

Dude, you're 20. You have time :)

tnaziri
02-16-2012, 12:35 AM
lol thats what people keep telling me but time moves man and i want to be on the right path ASAP

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2012, 12:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.