PDA

View Full Version : p_HairTK and shave on maya to MR

mythravarun
02-11-2012, 12:25 PM
I am using p_HairTK shader for shave hair and rendering with mental ray for maya 2011 64 bit.

I have recently come accross this shader from below link and started using it for the advantages it has. So having few doubts to after rendering.

http://kiryha.blogspot.in/2010/06/rendering-fur-with-mental-ray.html

Any docs avilable on p_HairTK shader ? Fews things like 'mode' will be properly understood with docs. The docs with the shader download from puppet doesnt have this shader docs.

Also when using p_MegaTK_pass shader for passes, not able to get alpha in any of the passes. Also couldnt get beauty pass.

It would be great if Pavel Ledin aka Puppet could reply to this....

mythravarun
02-13-2012, 04:56 AM
I am able to get Beauty pass from mentalray passes from same mega TK shader. Also setting mentalray passes to open exr and the extra megaTK passes also to open exr, we are actually getting all passes rendered to same exr, which is really cool.

So the left over thing for now is few passes like specular shadow or shadow pass, are not actually rendering with hair transparency. We can use alpha from other passes to cut the silhotte but not in other areas, which will give wrong result when compositing on beauty.

Thanks

mihai112
02-20-2012, 06:27 PM
I am doing some tests also with hair tk and noticed that with the normal shave shader i can render in the millions of hairs but when i use the hair tk shader mental ray runs out of memory at 100.000. Do u know a way to fix this, is there a setting in the shave globals that may repaire this?

mihai112
02-21-2012, 08:57 AM
I started from a clean scene and now i works with many hairs, dont know what happened on the other scene.

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2012, 08:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.