PDA

View Full Version : popup dialogue window text shrank!

Lunatique
11-17-2003, 06:10 AM
For some strange reason, the text in the popup dialogue windows in Painter became very very tiny--to the point where I can barely read them. How can I change them back?

Jinbrown
11-17-2003, 08:44 PM
Hi Rob,

I know this will sound like a lame answer, but it's the best I have:

Delete the Pre-built Brush File and do any other normal system maintenance, then reboot.

On the few occasions when this has happened to me, that was the solution.

Hope it works for you, too.

Good luck,

Lunatique
11-18-2003, 03:33 AM
I was desperate enough to uninstall Painter and clear out the registry too, but it's still there. . .. :( I'll keep trying. Well, at least the one at work is fine--but I do just as much painting at home too, so I really need to take care of this. . .. Was this bug ever addressed by Corel?

Jinbrown
11-18-2003, 05:25 AM
Rob,

If Corel ever addressed it as a bug, we'd probably not continue to see it happening. (That is, if they addressed it and fixed it.)

It may not be a Painter bug anyway as some users have said it's a corrupted text file.

Can you replace your fonts, maybe, to see if that fixes it?

Sorry I can't give you a better answer.

This is why I frequently suggest that people post this kind of question to the Painter list at Topica.com and the corel.graphic_apps.painter newsgroup.

I would not expect Corel to respond to the post but there are a lot of users, some who might know the solution.

bumskee
12-18-2003, 02:10 AM
ahhh, I have had exact same problem at work.

Did u happen to install any language packs?? MUI, Asian language pack or something??? I had Korean installed on the machine and It sort of distorted the fonts, very small and hard to read. Then I changed the english and it all looked fine again. I think if you go to regional setting in control panel and play with the language option it might jsut do the trick.

:p

Lunatique
12-18-2003, 02:31 AM
Yeah, I have Japanese, Korean, Chinese..etc installed. That must be it. Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.