PDA

View Full Version : Stefan Minning, Normality: keep Textures

Lupic
02-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Hay all,

I got a little problem and thought that maybe you can help me. First of all sorry for my bad english. Also my knoledge about CG isn't big ;).
I modeled something in modo 501 and now i need to use it in After Effects. I want to make some flashing Lights and the Light must take influence to the model. First i tryed to render it as .png. Than i took the png File to After Effects and made it to a 3D Layer. It worked well and the Light took influence to the Model. But the problem ist when noch Light is turned on you still see the model. Than i found a Plug In which is called normality http://www.3dcg.net/software/normality/. It worked perfectly for me but also there is a Problem. my Model has some Glas Textures and when i use Normality in After Effects my Model loses his Textures... . Does anyone know how I can keep the Textures or know an different Solution ?

kind regards
Dennis

AJ1
02-13-2012, 12:50 AM
You could make it light up the outside of the glass, but normality doesn't have ray-tracing, it just adds a bit of light shading based of the color of the normal map and the location of the 3D light.

You can try spiting them up into separate layers, so you have a normal map for your glass and your room, and give your glass normal map some transparency in AE

(I think this thread belongs in the lighting/shading forum)

CGTalk Moderation
02-13-2012, 12:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.