PDA

View Full Version : i must say...

Strang
11-17-2003, 04:15 AM
this program looks and feels great...

i just downloaded the demo 20 mins ago and i just did a very rough walk cycle...

I am a student at the art insitute of fort lauderdale, our cirriculum(sp?) includes max and maya and a lil XSI. i have started out with some max classes and i am pulling my hair out. when it comes to animation. we are learning custom rigs, IK, expressions, reactions, and weights before we use character studio.

I have 6 months of 3d software experience. and i am not 1 bit scared of messiah. its totally new to me. the help videos, boards, and the software is great.

i was sold in 20 mins. that may not sound that great but being a beginner i think it does...

i cant wait to post questions, works, and help others on this part of CGtalk...

:bowdown: MESSIAH

-Strang

ThomasHelzle
11-17-2003, 10:49 AM
Welcome to the pleasure Dome :)

Geco
11-17-2003, 11:06 AM
welcome on board. http://tinyurl.com/ud4k

http://tinyurl.com/uiqz

Sil3
11-17-2003, 02:07 PM
Why do u think itīs called MESSIAH :bowdown:

Julez4001
11-17-2003, 02:10 PM
People who don't use messiah are wrapped in fanboy-ism.
messiah is THE tool for character animation, anyone can't tell u different. And the way most studios areset up with animators just animating and Tds, lighters taking the info (whether deformations or rigs) in the scene to handle by other ppl - messiah seems the ideal toolset.

tjnyc
11-17-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Sil3
Why do u think itīs called MESSIAH :bowdown:

Funny enough the forum title is "messiah" instead of MESSIAH or Messiah. Nip-picky yes, but why is messiah the only forum board that starts off lowercase. A honest I am sure, but why hasn't there been a correction made? :shrug:

lmilton
11-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by tjnyc
Funny enough the forum title is "messiah" instead of MESSIAH or Messiah. Nip-picky yes, but why is messiah the only forum board that starts off lowercase. A honest I am sure, but why hasn't there been a correction made? :shrug:

Because the name actually *is* messiah, with a lower case "m". And we are very nit-picky about that, so please feel right at home;)

Thanx for lookin' out, tj

-lyle

Geco
11-17-2003, 05:52 PM
probably to avoid confusion with the other one. http://geocities.com/kl_aktuell/temp/wink.txt
btw the name of the Lightwave CGTalk forum is wrong, it should be LightWave.

http://tinyurl.com/uiqz

tjnyc
11-17-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by lmilton
Because the name actually *is* messiah, with a lower case "m". And we are very nit-picky about that, so please feel right at home;)

Thanx for lookin' out, tj

-lyle

DOH! You got me there Lyle. ;)

jipe
11-17-2003, 07:27 PM
People who don't use messiah are wrapped in fanboy-ism.

I think it's safe to say that some people who do use messiah can get rather defensive about it as well. That said, I'm a beginner with messiah and I really like it..

Strang
11-17-2003, 08:31 PM
lol, sorry about the caps...

just wanted it to be understood that i was bowing down to something bigger than me :)

anyways i just got back from school and am about to start messiah up...

hoping to import some a .3ds model and rig him up do a some quick animations and export it. being a n00b i cant wait to see how seamless or not seamless the importing/exporting will go. I will then bring my results back to school and show them to my teacher...broaden his horizons. (he is kinda stuck in the dark ages if you ask me)

wish me luck.

ooh yeah i think i will start another thread for import/export discussion, i may or may not need help :D

chikega
11-18-2003, 03:20 AM
Strang, welcome:beer:

cousin it
11-18-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Strang
my teacher...broaden his horizons. (he is kinda stuck in the dark ages if you ask me)

LOL I think it's a prerequisite for teachers to either be like that, or be perceived like that...:p

Strang
11-18-2003, 03:16 PM
well personally thats just this one teacher. most of my others are always welcoming new tech and/or new ideas. especially from students. matter of fact, i have taught that teacher about edgeloops/rings and another we talk XSI, mirai, CAT, MBuilder, and now messiah together. he loves it when his students can teach him something.

the other teacher with the darkage problem, i dont think he ever really made it in the industry that he wanted to be in. he is teaching at the same place he graduated from. makes me think that he never did at least.

anyways importing and exporting went pretty good. got destracted with other stuff nothing is complete...

-Strang

lmilton
11-18-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Strang
this program looks and feels great...

i just downloaded the demo 20 mins ago and i just did a very rough walk cycle...

I am a student at the art insitute of fort lauderdale, our cirriculum(sp?) includes max and maya and a lil XSI. i have started out with some max classes and i am pulling my hair out. when it comes to animation. we are learning custom rigs, IK, expressions, reactions, and weights before we use character studio.

I have 6 months of 3d software experience. and i am not 1 bit scared of messiah. its totally new to me. the help videos, boards, and the software is great.

i was sold in 20 mins. that may not sound that great but being a beginner i think it does...

i cant wait to post questions, works, and help others on this part of CGtalk...

:bowdown: MESSIAH

-Strang

Welcome aboard, Strang:)

In addition to this forum, there is also the pmGmessiah yahoo group ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pmGmessiah/ ) which is our main communication venue. You'll also be able to talk to us and other users on the #messiah3d IRC.

Plugins, scripts, tutorials, and other data can be found on www.zoogono.com, a messiah user owned/created site. Don't hesitate to submit any content or other data you create.

Looking forward to talking with you, and seeing your work:thumbsup:

-lyle milton
-co-president/developer
-pmG
www.projectmessiah.com

Strang
11-18-2003, 07:40 PM
:beer:

me too

-Strang

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.