PDA

View Full Version : Model Animation From External Data (.Net)

slgoode
02-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Hello,

I'm pretty new to 3ds/Maxscript and am trying to create an animation script that moves models around (x,y,z position plus pitch, roll, yaw) using MaxScript talking to an external data service using .Net integration. I've got a script working that communicates with my .Net service and have successfully been able to generate pre-defined animations based on this data.

I would now like to make this work in a more "real time" fashion. Meaning the script would poll my .Net service and move the models around as data is changed on the backend.

I'm looking for some guidance on a basic approach. Should I:

1. Try to implement animation keyframes in some kind of loop? For example, should I constantly update position in keyframes 0 to 100 and try to get the animation to loop back to frame 0 and let it run continuously?

2. Create an infinite number of keyframes and try to get the script to continue running indefinitely?

3. Do something else?

Thanks in advance.

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2012, 06:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.