PDA

View Full Version : Gnomon School Acceptance

koroman
02-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new to CG talk, but I joined because I'm very interested in attending the Gnomon School of visual Effects. I'm looking for information from current students of Gnomon graduates who can give me useful advise: I'm hoping to apply this April or June 2012. I am working on a portfolio but I'm really nervous that it might not be good enough for me to get accepted into the school. Please help. Any information would be greatly welcomed and appreciated. I have a Facebook or a gmail.com account...so either by email or via Facebook. i am available as long as it will aid me in my quest to enter Gnomon. Im also into networking so making new friends would be cool as well. hopefully ill join those at Gnomon soon.

MrPositive
02-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Once again, how can we assess whether your work and portfolio is up to snuff if you haven't posted anything? This is the one thing that baffles me on this site daily. Regardless, I can tell you that Gnomon has become quite difficult to get in to. I've mentioned this before, but one of my former students that actually worked as a professional 3D artist for 5 years had to apply a few times. I must ask, why does it have to be Gnomon or nothing? There are 100's of schools people are getting jobs out of now.

razorbjc
02-22-2012, 10:45 PM
I once considered attending Gnomon and even went to LA to take a tour of the school. I showed them my work and they said that it was good enough for me to get in. I only showed them some drawings so you could take a look and see how your drawings stack up to mine. (www.james-chan.com/portfolio.html).

That said, if you are from yonkers new york, you ought to know that there are plenty of opportunities in New York for learning 3D (I'm from Queens). You could take classes at NYU or SVA or Pratt. If you already know enough about Maya, you could do an internship at one of the many commercial studios in manhattan.

taxguy
02-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Also, RIT has an up in coming animation program. They already have a strongly ranked program in game design.

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2012, 12:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.