PDA

View Full Version : Object: Digital Delay

Justin Blair
11-17-2003, 01:15 AM
I'm a bit worried about posting this in this forum. Because quite frankly, it doesn't match up with the rest of the stuff on here. but I'm interested in what people have to say and I'd be happy to hear any advise or criticisms.

As to why I'm worried. well, I'm not exactly professional, in fact, I'm not exactly out of grade 11 yet, so you get the idea.

anyway, before you go off too much on me here. I'd like to say a couple things about this model. for one, I did it 2 years ago, when I was 14. I just kept it because I like it.

Also, the program this was made on is a free downloadable program called OpenFX. It's absolutely horrible, it was nice for doodling. But the whole program works entirely on line segments and points... so it makes for some very clunky looking curves at the bases where smoothing doesn't hide it.

I haven't done much 3D since then, my computer right now can't run any good programs, I wish I could keep practising though.

anyway, that was the preamble. I hope people read it. anyway:

http://www.you-are-a-huge-nerd.com/public/freepix/Digital_Delay5.jpg

erilaz
11-17-2003, 02:44 AM
Some of it is quite nice: The input jacks and the texturing of the mode panels especially. You're right about the edges though. The knobs are quite segmented.

Stop stressing about being no good. You're starting earlier than many of us did (I only started doing 3d modelling when I was 18). Was this for a product concept/school project?

Everybody has to start somewhere mate.:)

IanBrightNZ
11-17-2003, 02:54 AM
I agree with Erilaz.

If you can pump out something of this quality at a young age with freebie software then you are doing bloody well!! :applause:

So keep it up, get a job, save money and buy a decent computer.
This is a great industry to be in, its always progressing so your skills will too. There's a lot of hard slog involved and some impossible deadlines here and there (oh allright, everywhere :p ) but if creativity is your thing then I highly recomend it.

Nice one

Ian

blindsleeper
11-17-2003, 06:31 AM
it is a very good effort, and looks very good in places especially with a lesser known free program. just dont give up, you will get better (and as you do you will see your pocketbook shrink).

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.