PDA

View Full Version : IdanI :: Armed and Dangerous :: Mayan Warrior

IdanI
02-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Hey everyone!
I think the theme of this challenge is really awesome and even though I am under a busy school-work schedule I am going to try and make this work. What I am shooting for is and old Mayan warrior. He is going to be armed with a spear and a machete type knife. My main source of inspiration is going to come from one of my favorite movies, Apocalypto. I am doing a few light sketches now and I will post them up once Im done. My main focus is attention to anatomy as I am going for an older warrior I want to get all the skin folds as accurate as possible since he won't have much of an armor/guards on him. Anyway, I hope you like the idea and I will post a concept up soon. Good luck to all :thumbsup:

oglu
02-04-2012, 06:04 PM
i liked your designs in the past, i will have an eye on this one...
good luck...

Marat-Ars
02-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Hey man, glad to see you on this contest... I will follow you thread ;) GL!

Nikizar
02-09-2012, 02:59 PM
hey man! following for sure ;)

IdanI
02-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the support guys. Since I am away in Uni its hard for me to get work done because most of my files are at home. thankfully I am going home for the upcoming weekend to get some base work done which I will bring back with me and work on here in Binghamton uni. I have some ideas that I thought of in my spare time so I think I will do some experimenting. Some great designs here and I don't think a generic mayan warrior will do the trick so we'll see what I come up with in the next week. Updates are coming, I promise :cool:

Regards,
Idan

IdanI
03-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Hi everyone,
So, its finally spring break and I am heading home, which means I will have about two weeks to work on my entry. its going to be tight but I think I can do this! anyway my new idea is something I always wanted to do but I wasn't sure if I can pull it off well enough... the idea is to do a Monkey King. A more humanoid demon monkey king. I am going to make a couple of really quick sketches on my way home in the bus and get cracking as soon as I get home. He will be mostly covered by cloths, armor, and jewelry besides his upper body.
I hope you like the new direction, time is going to be a challenge but thats what makes it all the more exciting.

IdanI
04-09-2012, 02:40 AM
Its been a busy week... here is an update. While I was on the bus I started sketching and somehow I started to think about other alternatives of armed and dangerous. So i came up with a Burlesque like character. I figured she could be sexy and dangerous and armed with a whip. Here is the sketch I threw together during the bus ride. I already have most of the cloths modeled and retopologized and I will post them up shortly. I am in the process of finishing the UV's on some of the pieces. Since I already sculpted the major folds on the corset and bustle skirt (as well as retopologized it) I will only sculpt in minor stitches/folds. I have to go back to school tuesday so I will try to get most of the texture projections by then. I hope you like the new idea! a lot more updates coming up soon :D

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/Idan_08/Sketch.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2012, 02:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.