PDA

View Full Version : Cloth and Fur Help Never used before

Memorist
02-03-2012, 06:45 AM
So first time i'm going to be working with fur and cloth.
Thoughts of what i should be doing or considering would be extremly greatful.

I think i should have posted this here, Original post. (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=54&t=1031549)

Meloncov
03-04-2012, 01:41 AM
First thing you want to decide is if you want to use cloth and hair simulations (difficult, but gets realistic results if done well) or fake it using bones in the cloth and hair (not nearly as realistic, but much easier and gives the animator more control).

statq
06-25-2012, 06:11 AM
you used in going to any official work formal cloth that better and good effect ... :bounce:

Pixel-Love-Bunny
09-01-2012, 10:56 AM
What software will you be using? I can give you some advice if it's ncloth and Shave and a Haircut, I've use both for a very long time. one thing I can tell you is be grateful it's not like it was before say back then in the days of maya 7... god.
Now you can just model the nice clothing on your character, apply a bunch of attributes to it, setup proxies for optimization, simulate.
I personally don't find it very hard but again it depends greatly on what software you use.

CGTalk Moderation
09-01-2012, 10:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.