PDA

View Full Version : Website

3dnirvana
11-16-2003, 08:19 PM
I created a new porfolio website. Tell me what you think!

www.3dnirvana.com (http://www.3dnirvana.com)

Cheers!

gmask
11-16-2003, 08:47 PM
When I think of 3d nirvana .. I definately do not think of a field of blue cubes flying by the camera but that's just me ;-)

gf666
11-17-2003, 10:29 AM
i like the concept but maybe you should make the home 3d also (or only some details like buttons or background ) and in the gallery page the size of the thumbs are not the same!! fix that first i should say

Scott Harris
11-20-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by gf666
and in the gallery page the size of the thumbs are not the same!! fix that first i should say

yeah that grabbed my attention too...

hey man a web site is a great place to let people see what your up to but "a masterpiece is born" ???
...i'm sure it would sound alot better if you let others give you the compliments... eh, but I never was a fan of web page intro's...

Fossor
11-21-2003, 12:48 AM
Hey!
I like it! :)
Really nice colors and contrast, maybe except of blue buttons, i suggest you make the square transparent and use fade in or fade out on button text only.
Another thing is intro: cubes are jumping...make animation more smoother - try to reduse number/size of flying objects.
Last thing is download section: all downloads are the same tunnel.zip, this is a result of copy/paste :)
And you've got a big gallery, for your age!

3dnirvana
11-21-2003, 03:46 AM
Hey,

gf666 - The thumb nail sizes seem to be the same on my computer, and many other computers. I got many of the same comments on other forums that I should have more 3d in the website. I'll work on that

Scott Harris - If you look at any professional company, they always say they are good. There is no problem in saying a masterpiece is born.

Fossor - What do you mean by the square transparent? Which Square? Do you mean the cubes? The cubes being jumpy is a result of processor speed. On a faster computer it runs perfectly. Thanx for catching that downloads error. I never noticed that it downloaded the same thing every time, just saw that the link worked and moved on. It's fixed now.

Thanx for all your comments!

~Ryan

gmask
11-21-2003, 04:51 AM
>>>If you look at any professional company, they always say they are good. There is no problem in saying a masterpiece is born.

Hmm well without argueing too much about the subjectivity of claiming something as a masterpiece when something is arguably not.. Even if the work is masterful I would still say that it is pretentious statement to make and even more so when it's not.

The truth is that if the work is a masterpiece it will speak for itself.

It's sort of like passing a dinner on a lonely freeway that puts a sign out that says "good food".. is it good because you have no other option or is actually so good that people drive out of their way to eat there.. in which case it's reputation precedes it and in that case it doesn't really need the sign.

My argument would be that the intro is ubiqitious and unneccessary it is neither masterful or neccessary as an introduction to your website. That's my 2 cents... sorry if it sounds harse.

mmProj
11-21-2003, 10:31 AM
hi 3dnirvana ........ and others ........... remember this guy is 14 so its a great effort for someone at that age.

hmmmmm .... re: the "masterpiece" issue ........ did you include it just because professional companies do ? or because you think what you have created is a masterpiece ?

i think what you have done is greeeeeeaaaaaaaat for someone your age .... over time you will develope your web skills, so kudos to you for your site.

i think your colour scheme is very nice .... alot like discreets website ....... keep at it ...... web sites are never finished .. there is always stuff you can add to make it better.

my first suggestion would be to make your text consistent throughout the site ..... i think in your profile section it looks as if the text is bold ......... the light grey is alittle hard to read ... maybe use a white or #EEEEEE if you like greys.

another suggestion .... the "welcome" button in your main nav menu looks like a heading as opposed to a link cause it has the saturated aqua colour of your headings.

good work ... keep at it !

Ian Jones
11-21-2003, 01:14 PM
my first suggestion would be to make your text consistent throughout the site

Hahaha. I'm sorry but I just couldn't resist quoting that. Take a look at your own text formatting in your post. lol! :)

Scott Harris
11-21-2003, 06:38 PM
hey you have great work... your going to do great things with the huge head start you have...

blah blah masterpiece... its not that big of a deal just remember that art speaks for itself and you dont have to...
people get their own oppinion ;P

good job.

mmProj
11-21-2003, 11:46 PM
Ian Jones: ....... errrrmmmmmmmm ...... its a post in cg talk not a resume or official for anything ...... it only needs to be ledgible and it is.

haha and you will notice that my unformatted text is actually "consistently" unformatted ..... which is what my comment was about... consistency .....so lol back :P

Riddler?
11-22-2003, 04:05 PM
yes, this is a very pretty site. Its simple to navigate and you work on there is really good. I do have 1 suggestion though... you really need a higher frame rate, to me it appears you are using the stock 12 fps w/ Flash. I would suggest going up to 30 or maybe even a lil higher. It will make your animations and motion feel ALOT smoothers, and add an all-around more professional feel to it :). Good job!

3dnirvana
11-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Hey,

gmask - Yah I know that the art would speak for itself, but there is no way to prove it not a masterpiece.

mmProj - I didn't only use the masterpiece thing because of professionals used it. I just was thinking of something to say, and carried it over from my old website. I know the text looks bold in the profile, but every time I added a scroll bar, the text automatically took on that bold look. I checked and bold isn't on, I can't figure out what it is. And yah I will play with the colors more, this was just something to get out there. Thanx for the complements :)

Scott Harris - Thanx, I just wanted something to say in the intro, there’s really nothing to the masterpiece thing.

Riddler? - Yah I'm going to up the frame rate now, will that increase the file size by much?

Thanx you guys

~Ryan

3dnirvana
11-22-2003, 04:59 PM
Uh, i increased the movie's frame rate to 30fps, now it plays like light speed. It makes sense on why it did that, but why increase it to that speed? Maby I am increasing the the fps in the wrong place.

gmask
11-22-2003, 05:15 PM
>>>gmask - Yah I know that the art would speak for itself, but there is no way to prove it not a masterpiece.

Uh yeah whatever ..

So are you 3D nirvana or 3d masterpiece? That's what so confusing..

Riddler?
11-23-2003, 09:45 AM
increasing fps will make the movie play faster.. it makes sense. If you have a animation that is 30 frames and you are playing at 10 fps it will take 3 seconds for tha animation to play. But if you change the fps to 30 then it will only take 1 fps. So basically you need to add frames to all you animations and that will make them very smoothe for the same length animations

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.