PDA

View Full Version : Any good school to do 3D animation in Australia?

mitz711
02-02-2012, 04:27 AM
As the title suggests, are there any notable schools in Australia to do 3D animation? Any particular course? I'm looking to apply there so suggestions would be great!

katisss
06-07-2012, 03:24 PM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=173&t=1027208

locky14
06-10-2012, 01:44 AM
QUT, RMIT and Griffith
QUT has the master degree which doesn't require you should have background knowledge, the full title is master of creative industries(animation). you will learn maya, ae and something else.

Griffith is much good at 2d animation, i think. It has a lot partners in north american.

mr Bob
06-11-2012, 05:21 AM
The reality is there are no outstanding courses in Aus, mainly because Australia does not really have an industry to speak of. If you really want one of the best courses go to Bournemouth in the UK.

b

locky14
06-11-2012, 06:31 AM
The reality is there are no outstanding courses in Aus, mainly because Australia does not really have an industry to speak of. If you really want one of the best courses go to Bournemouth in the UK.

b

yes, i agree. im in the QUT now. to be honesty, for master degree it is no animation, it is creative idea course. the lecture is talking about all over world's culture and ideas, nothing about animation skills. also you can choose some animation course, such as maya, AE, but no very professional. I think RMIT and GU will be better than QUT in teaching animation skills (but still no outstanding). Hence, compared with North American's schools, i think QUT is not an animation school. If you want to learn skills, Aus will not be a good choice.

mitz711
06-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Thank you for your replies!

I was considering the UK at one point too, but i'm still keeping my options open. What about University of New South Wales in Sydney? I've heard students worked on Happy Feet from their Bachelor's Degree in Digital Media. Any thoughts of that school?

locky14
06-11-2012, 11:29 AM

I was considering the UK at one point too, but i'm still keeping my options open. What about University of New South Wales in Sydney? I've heard students worked on Happy Feet from their Bachelor's Degree in Digital Media. Any thoughts of that school?

UNSW is the member of G8 universities in AUS. So i think it will be excellent at research instead of skills. It depends on your future caree, i think.

mr Bob
06-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by mitz711

And now those students are unemployed due to the fact Dr D studios closed. If your idea is somehow to get a job after you graduate you should be looking at staying in Singapore or going to Bournemouth as I have told you, due to the fact its world class and students who go there tend to get work. Mind you you have to be pretty near the top of your class.

revilo3D
06-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Why go to Aussie when you can come to Nz :D

http://www.mediadesignschool.com/courses/3d-vfx/bachelor-art-design/

CGTalk Moderation
06-22-2012, 07:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.