PDA

View Full Version : Cannot match audio to videos audio (Drifting audio)

firmaccusationer
02-01-2012, 03:54 AM
I tried in premiere, but it wasn't working so I tried conforming 29.97 fps to 30fps and 23.976 and none of them will match the audio at all it ends up drifting. I got the mp3 thats 48khz and I also tried the 41 khz version but no avail, I also tried speeding up the audio 99.99% and then I tried video 99.98% separately, I don't know how to match this audio to the video, any ideas?

Does plural eyes auto adjust? I don't have it, but not sure if it's worth trying out to see if it'll sync it up but it'd have to speed up/slow down accordingly.

Can anyone help me out please?

It's DSLR footage from t2i and 5d mark II

Andrewty07
02-01-2012, 06:04 AM
There are a few things that can cause this, if your pulling a raw format from the device it can be very large and computers with not enough processing power/RAM might show lag or loss of audio sync. I have had that happen and found converting them to an easier to use format such as H264 resolved the issue when I previewed it. Also make sure you are viewing it with real time playback sometimes a ram preview only shows at 23fps or less when I am checking a 30fps video. When there are issues with sync in a render make sure your properly interpreting the footage this applies to frame renders whether it is from a camera or 3d client. When you are loading a sequence of images the program usually defaults to interpret at 30fps so it may need to be tweaked of your shooting/loading at a different rate.

scrimski
02-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Do not use mp3s in After Effects. Convert to aiff or wav(48 kHz).

firmaccusationer
02-01-2012, 04:01 PM
There are a few things that can cause this, if your pulling a raw format from the device it can be very large and computers with not enough processing power/RAM might show lag or loss of audio sync. I have had that happen and found converting them to an easier to use format such as H264 resolved the issue when I previewed it. Also make sure you are viewing it with real time playback sometimes a ram preview only shows at 23fps or less when I am checking a 30fps video. When there are issues with sync in a render make sure your properly interpreting the footage this applies to frame renders whether it is from a camera or 3d client. When you are loading a sequence of images the program usually defaults to interpret at 30fps so it may need to be tweaked of your shooting/loading at a different rate.

I'm using 48khz wave file and Premiere 5.0 now, the footage is from Canon t2i and Canon 5d Mark II, neither of them are working properly.

Andrewty07
02-02-2012, 05:48 AM
Hmmm is the audio linked to the video? what I mean by that is are you pulling footage/audio from the same recording or are you trying to sync a separate recording. If it is the same does the audio sync on the camera when you play it back in-device?

firmaccusationer
02-06-2012, 03:41 AM
Hmmm is the audio linked to the video? what I mean by that is are you pulling footage/audio from the same recording or are you trying to sync a separate recording. If it is the same does the audio sync on the camera when you play it back in-device?

It's line up and works fine for a few seconds, but after awhile it drifts further and further, I had someone actually fix the audio and it ended up drifting .048ms off or something like that?

Andrewty07
02-06-2012, 05:47 AM
Hmm it sounds like a frame rate issue because I had that happen when working with an animation where I synced it to audio in maya. When I pulled it into after effects the frame rate defaulted at 30fps when I had a sync setup at 24 fps. This resulted in it starting out in sync but the longer it played the further it slipped off. My only guess would be to check the setting in premiere for your project, sequence and files to make sure they are all matching what you originally recorded at I know you tried 29.97 and 23.976 so without being able to mess with files it's hard to say what else it could be. Worst case scenario you might have to play with key framing the audio or the video using a time effect in order to get it to sync up properly.

CGTalk Moderation
02-06-2012, 05:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.