PDA

View Full Version : Help, can't move

Kitutal
01-29-2012, 03:28 PM
So, working on a large model and want to zoom in to a section near the end, but it flatly refuses to zoom in anywhere other than the exact centre, so how do I move around the model to look in more detail at the part I want?
I managed it once, setting the pivot point to the 3D cursor, I think, but that option no longer works, if I set it the same now, then get out of that menu, it automatically shifts back to pivoting about the centre, though the icon for 3D cursor remains the one given on the menu button, if not the one highlighted within the menu itself.

Is there any way of zooming in then moving back and forth across the model?
Or, any way of selecting the area I want to see and zooming into that point?

Also, while I'm here, I don't suppose I can subdivide a box only on the one axis, I have a long thin strip that I want then to extrude out different distances along its length, and don't particularly want it divided into hundreds of similarly long thin boxes all over.

Thanks for all your help,
~Oliver

Max11D
01-30-2012, 05:23 AM
shift + MMB + mouse move pans the whole scene, from what i gather this should help.

as for subdividing, loop cut (ctrl + r) and scroll up to increase the number of cuts to make.

hope this helped.

Sceme
01-30-2012, 06:54 AM
Hey! If you want to zoom on any selected element just press numpad's "," (DEL) button.
This works on anything, be it object, face, edge, vertex,...etc :)

It just centers the view on selection. To reset the view you can press shift+C if I remember right.

lumpycow
01-30-2012, 09:31 PM
yes there are a few tools to zoom to where you want, like previously mentioned hiting the numpad . (period) button it will zoom to a selected object or selection in edit mode.

shift-B will give you a magnification type tool that will zoom to an area you box select

In the preferences under the interface tab you can set the zoom to mouse position.

As for subdividing in only one direction... you can loopcut ctrl-R then scroll wheel or +/- to increase the number of cuts... or just make a selection of edges and subdivide those... W>subdivide.

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2012, 09:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.