PDA

View Full Version : Center Pivot

PauHana
11-16-2003, 07:18 AM
Is there a way to quickly "center" a pivot to an object like in Maya? Basically, you select the object->modify->center pivot. Takes all the nonsense & guessing out of centering the pivot.

Thanks,
PauHana

Labuzz
11-16-2003, 08:23 AM
Not difficult to do as a plug. I will do this one if it's not included in the next patch.

PauHana
11-16-2003, 09:00 AM
I'd really appreciate that :buttrock:
Would you be able to create something to let us set up a hotkey to frame the selected object in the window? I know the center button in the viewport kind of does this...but you still have to zoom in most of the time. In Lightwave I just hit "a", Maya I hit "f", Max I hit "e"

Thanks

Labuzz
11-16-2003, 09:32 AM
I know what you mean:) I will look if it' s possible...But I guess there's some projection going on so I must go back to some matrix.

Stoehr
11-16-2003, 06:37 PM
Yes, centering would be great. Makes navigation very simple and straight forward. Thanks Labuzz in advance!

Julez4001
11-16-2003, 09:35 PM
LaBuzz - do it man.
Go ahead and what about a delete all keys/hierarchy plugin.
Sort of like Lw's Mot-ify Delete Motion Keys by Joe Angell.

Man, u coders are great ppl.

**** JUST BEEN SCHOOLED

Shift-dlete brings up a delete panel with hierarchy and range support!

Rock on

lmilton
11-17-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Labuzz
I know what you mean:) I will look if it' s possible...But I guess there's some projection going on so I must go back to some matrix.

The center-to-view feature will be added in a later patch, so you don't have to worry about that one.

However, the Center Pivot sounds like a cool idea. If you tackle that one, just keep in mind that the pivot can be animated, and may have multiple keys.

-lyle

PauHana
11-17-2003, 06:12 PM
You fellas rock:buttrock:

evilemil
05-14-2005, 08:09 AM
Hi Lyle,

I am a new user and I am wondering if you already implemented this feature.
I can not find it in the docs and the program itself.

Michael

lmilton
05-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi Lyle,

I am a new user and I am wondering if you already implemented this feature.
I can not find it in the docs and the program itself.

Michael

We never got to implement that feature. It got pushed by other critical requests. And over time, many other requests took precedence. However, this is something that we can move higher again since this is the second time it's come up. I'll let you know when.

-lyle

ThomasHelzle
05-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Lyle, this would be fantastic to have!

I found the following variations very helpful in other software:
- Frame all.
- Frame objects (without lights and cameras and other "helpers" which are often far outside).
- Frame selected.

I found it most useful to have it affect the viewport the mouse is over only instead of all views at once.

It would also be cool it this function could use "dolly" instead of "zoom" so no weird stretching occurs.

Thanks a lot!

Leebre
05-16-2005, 09:12 PM
It would also be cool it this function could use "dolly" instead of "zoom" so no weird stretching occurs.

Agreed, the zoom thing is pretty frustrating.

AlexK
05-17-2005, 08:00 AM
Btw. is there a center pivot available (either as plugin or maybe even in the software)?

lmilton
05-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Agreed, the zoom thing is pretty frustrating.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you aware that messiah has a dolly feature?

-lyle

lmilton
05-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Okay, the Tribe has spoken! Consider the "fit to view" feature officially moved from the depths of the List.

-lyle

ThomasHelzle
05-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Cool! Consider the tribe dancing on the table :thumbsup: LOL

Leebert: Use the Right Mouse Button instead of the Left to dolly instead of zoom!

Cheers

lmilton
05-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Cool! Consider the tribe dancing on the table :thumbsup: LOL

Leebert: Use the Right Mouse Button instead of the Left to dolly instead of zoom!

Cheers

If you're editing in the world viewports (i.e. not using the viewport "magnifier" button), you should be able to set the desired mouse button to Dolly. Check KeyCommand Manager.

-lyle

CGTalk Moderation
05-17-2005, 02:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.