hope you like it
http://www.263film.com/zcman/cuizi.jpg

zcman
11-16-2003, 11:47 AM
someone say something

MaxxQ
11-16-2003, 04:08 PM
Something.....;)

But seriously, it's not a bad piece. I'm still a beginner in modelling, lighting and texturing, so I can't offer many valid crits there (although, to my untrained eye, all those look really good, especially the chess piece), but I do have a problem with the cutout in the Bible. I feel it's too clean. The edges are just way too perfect for something most likely cut out with the crudest or dullest of blades. I don't think a prison would allow an inmate to possess an X-Acto knife. The Rita Hayworth pic looks a little too rough, like it's painted on lightly-gessoed canvas, and while I like the texture on the chess piece, I think the edges of it could be a bit more crudely worked - right now, it looks as though it was turned on an actual lathe. It should look less cylindrical, since he didn't have the best tools to work with. The same with the cross.

I DO like how you tied several major elements together into a single image, as well as the bar shadows giving a subtle hint that this is in a prison cell.

Overall, though, a very nice piece.

Colin de bink
11-16-2003, 05:07 PM
your pic doesn't show up over here

maybe it is just me

Troy
11-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Looks great, nice lighting. Are you going for photorealism?

Sorry for lack of critique...

wedge
11-16-2003, 08:22 PM
the poster material, the floor material, and the chess piece material are all pretty lackluster. the book doesn't cast a multiply shadow on the floor, so it looks like its floating. see how the hammer casts a shadow in areas that are already shaded? the spider element is fairly weak as well. the poster, as i was saying, was glossy, not canvas, if i remember correctly. glossy posters don't have that kind of bump. if they've got any bump its due to folding or creasing.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.