PDA

View Full Version : Blender vs Lightwave vs C4D

Koblesky
01-25-2012, 09:25 PM
I am in the enviable but difficult position of having to choose a 3D tool to do Motion Design for me and my colleagues. This is a new group we gave just formed. One is a Lightwave fan, one is a C4D fan and one is a Blender fan (me). I want us all to use the same tool so we can exchange files.

I just dont know whether there is enough difference between the three to say one is clearly better than others. Lightwave has been around and has lots of fans, and C4D seems to be one of the primary choices for Motion Design studios.

But I love Blender and feel it can do it all.

Does anyone have an opinion or experience? Thanks!

ChukChuk
01-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Your previous thread was locked for a reason.

Papa Lazarou
02-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Well if you all want to use the same software, Blender would be the obvious choice for the simple reason that as free and open source software, that no additional purchases would be required.

If your colleagues need convincing, have a look through the various blender forums and try to find similar examples to the kind of work you are trying to do. That way you should at least be able to demonstrate that Blender has the capabilities you require.

Other than that, it's not possible to discuss comparison any further and you presumably know that.

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2012, 02:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.