PDA

View Full Version : Do you know how to clean up the mesh in Cinema 4d?

Oluphant
01-24-2012, 02:45 AM
Hello there,
I have modelled some letters in cinema 4D and I seem to be running into a few irregularities with the mesh. If I was in Maya I would delete the superfluous lines and clean up the mesh with the polygon mesh tools. Do you know if there is a way to do this in Cinema 4D or if there are tutorials that walk you through how to do so?

Thank you

AJ1
01-24-2012, 04:52 AM
Ouch, that looks like a mess.

You can try deleting all the polys on the front face, and using the "fill polygon" tool.

Or you could select the points and use the "optimize" tool.

Or you could obj it, take it in Maya, and clean it up.

Or you could remodel. Cinema wont auto fill in your polys when you delete edges.

-AJ

Oluphant
01-24-2012, 05:13 AM
Ouch, that looks like a mess.

You can try deleting all the polys on the front face, and using the "fill polygon" tool.

Or you could select the points and use the "optimize" tool.

Or you could obj it, take it in Maya, and clean it up.

Or you could remodel. Cinema wont auto fill in your polys when you delete edges.

-AJ

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated. I did not know there was such a thing as optimize in Cinema 4D, I'll give it a whirl.

Anadin
01-30-2012, 09:45 AM
You could also use the dissolve tool on loops, it is pretty good.

If you used the extrude Nurbs or Motext to make the text, go back to the and make sure the caps are set to N-Gons, it helps a little

You can also use the path select tool in simple edge mode to select multiple loops then dissolve.

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2012, 09:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.