PDA

View Full Version : Portrait: Uncle Bep

Stungun
11-15-2003, 04:37 PM
This is a drawing which I made of my uncle as a study. After this I'm going to do a charicature for his 60th birthday.

I used a small photo that I borrowed from my niece as a reference.

I used a soft pencil to create most of it and a harder one for the darker details.

http://www.stungun.nl/beptek2.jpg

Never really made charicature drawings before, but well this is what he looks like normally, any ideas on what parts of him to exaggerate?

- Stungun

FootFace
11-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Very impressive! I would love to be able to draw like you. No crits from me

Max4d
11-15-2003, 09:06 PM
Hey dude

I finally see that you posted this magnificant peace here.:D:D
I really like this picture, only the nose has some flaws and also the nostrils are too dark. I have no other comments on this peace. You are realy a talented artist. Keep it up, you're skills are in realistic drawing, not caricature:D:D

5 stars from me

Greetz Max4d

Stungun
11-16-2003, 09:26 AM
Thanks.
I heard about the nostrils before, still they looked quite dark on the photo as well..
Although portrait drawing seems to be something that suits me, I'd like to learn more about other things as well, I'd really love to be able to make good and funny charicature drawings. For that reason I'm going to practise more with that style right now, but i'm not planning to relinquish the realistic side if you were thinking that. I am also planning to give the charicature the same quality of shading and realism as I would with a portrait drawing. Still. after that I would like to move more towards speed charicature drawing so I could draw people from life.

Has anyone else got any suggestions/comments?

phoenix
11-17-2003, 05:50 AM
hiya

well man nice work...but dont u think the ear is a little too low:)
eyes very nice ... nose needs work...

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.