PDA

View Full Version : continuing bezier spline

mitchino
01-22-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm modelling a piece of string for a tag tie on a piece of packaging. Got a sweep nurbs with an open bezier spline in it. How do I continue on drawing from one end of the spline if I've deselected it? I know how to add points in between other points on the spline, but I want to make the spline longer and continue drawing with the bezier tool. Searched around various forums, and not found an answer. Can't find it in the help either.

bezo
01-22-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi mitchino,
... select spline,deselect all points of spline (if selected), switch to Move tool and...
- with Ctrl you can add point toto spline from end (behind last point of spline)
- with Ctrl+Shift you can add point to start of spline (before first point of spline)

...everytime when you want to add spline, deselect all points

cheers, Lubo

mitchino
01-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Thanks, the control shift to add a point before the start of the spline works, but is there no way to add a point after the end of the spline? Is there a workaround allowing me to reverse the spline direction so I can change the end of the spline into the start of the spline?

bezo
01-22-2012, 06:27 PM
select spline in OM,deselect all points,Move tool, Ctrl-click add point to end of spline works for me well (R13)

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2012, 06:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.