PDA

View Full Version : VANARTS Game Art and Design 2012

alinevisualart
01-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Hello there,

I was wondering if there are any recent graduates from the Game Art and Design Program of Vanarts? I would like to know what your opinion of the program is, and whether you would reccommend it.

I am interested in signing up for a school program that will enable me to get a Texture Artist job upon graduation.

I know I do not necessarily need to attend an institution to learn modelling and texturing, however I am interested in the immigration laws in Canada that at present would enable me to have a post-graduation work permit if I go to a partially publicly funded school OR some of the private institutions including Vanarts and VFS, (and then this would potentially enable me to apply for residency if I have a year of work experience).

It must also be said that medium/long term I would like to be a Concept Artist (so I train as much as I can in classical drawing to be able to achieve this one day).

From what I saw of the program overview of Vanarts it seemed to me that I could have the best of both aspects that I want to learn: in the technical aspect to land a job quickly, learn texturing; but also it seems to include in the curriculum drawing, sculpting and concept art related subjects.

If there is anyone out there that could tell me from their own experience if this might be the right option for my aims I would be very grateful!

Many thanks,

Aline

MysticalDisaster
02-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Hey
I want to become a matte artist / concept artist ....and I was thinking about doing a VFX course from vanarts.....Please check my works here : http://www.wix.com/rohit_trunks/rohitnayak

Even I am seeking for a guidance.

paritoshthanki
06-29-2012, 09:57 AM
hi rohit,
are you still planning for vanarts vfx course?

CGTalk Moderation
06-29-2012, 09:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.