PDA

View Full Version : Importing Vector Into Adobe After Effects

mintertweed
01-21-2012, 02:51 AM
I was happily surprised to see that they had a forum for such questions. Here is my problem: I have an AI of the Blender logo that I would like to use in Adobe After Effects, but how do I import it with paths and all? I can import the file into Adobe After Effects, but if I try to increase the size of the vector image, it does not keep its vector form. It becomes rasterized. How do I import a vector from Adobe Illustrator and keep it as a vector in Adobe After Effects? Thank you for any help you can provide.

mintertweed
01-21-2012, 11:30 PM
For those who have a similar question, I finally figured out how to do it by visiting the Video Copilot message board. You select the icon that looks like a tiny sun in the composition layer. This acts as a collapse transformations button, but it also acts as a continuous rasterize button for vector layers. That should lead you straight!

CGTalk Moderation
01-21-2012, 11:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.