PDA

View Full Version : Someone tell me why this isn't working?

Kitutal
01-20-2012, 06:51 PM
I wanted to create a model of a person, and having had a bad experience before with trying to fit pieces together, I know that I have to extrude each individual feature out one by one. So, I thought, why not rather than create a rough block and carve into it in 3 dimensions, I could divide my hypothetical model up into little cubes, and create a plan of how each layer of it would look, then build it up bit by bit like lego. I managed to get the feet shapes right, I think, but then when I went to create it, something seems to have gone wrong. I started with a basic grid of cubes, then removed all those not on the first layer.
And of course, as anyone with any experience with the program knows, that doesn't work. For some reason it deleted all the inside divisions, so everywhere I had cut away was open all along the side, not a good look for a foot.
So, Firstly, can I still do it this way somehow?
Secondly, what better way is there of making a person shape?
Thanks in advance
~Oliver

boom3d
01-20-2012, 09:29 PM
There are plenty of tutorials available for this...I would look at those....the method you are using is overwhelming you because you are not working with a whole. Use the resources available to you to learn a better technique.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2012, 09:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.