PDA

View Full Version : enchanted forest- Character/Environment- T- sabathyus

sabathyus
06-10-2002, 09:52 PM
okay, so I'm entering for the first time 'cause the current challenge has something to do with a personal project of mine. Steel Monkey is an animation combining both organic with inorganic.

sabathyus
06-10-2002, 09:53 PM
a close up of the monkey

ZrO-1
06-11-2002, 04:51 AM
Oh my god! That looks great! Do you have the animation up on the 'net for us to see?

sabathyus
06-11-2002, 05:50 AM
Thanks! I really needed a compliment
I'd love to have the animation up for people to see but....I don't really have time to build a web page right now. Just recently been laid off due to 'lack of gov't funding'. They closed us all down. So I gotta spend some time making a new demo and getting it out so I can get a paying job again. But if someone wants to build a web page for me I'm all for that! And if you hear any job openings...:)
May the Monkey live forever!

pearson
06-11-2002, 06:19 AM
It looks good, and I really like the concept of electonic trees (or however you would describe them).

However the challenge is for new works only; any work done prior to May 20th is not allowable.:shrug: Plus the pose is too much like mine! :p (j/k)

sabathyus
06-11-2002, 06:38 AM
All the environment and textures etc were done recently. Only the actual keyframing was done before using rough stand- ins for the geometry.
So that means I still qualify, right?

Remember not to take life too seriously.

pearson
06-11-2002, 06:50 AM
It's certainly not for me to say, and since there is nothing to win, there isn't really any competition.:D

The tone of your first post just made it sound that you'd had this sitting around and Hey! it fits the challenge so this is a nice place to show it off. If that were the case I would have suggested the Gallery/Finished Work section to be a better place to put it. But it really doesn't matter, either way. :shrug:

Will you be adding anything to this, or is it finished? Could you show a few more frames from the sequence to kind of show what happens during the animation?

AJ
06-11-2002, 08:55 AM
Monkeys!!

People always know how to get my vote! :D

Give him a cyber banana... :bounce:

leigh
06-11-2002, 10:18 AM
Hey that is really cool :thumbsup: The environment really reminds me a lot of the necrum from Abe's Exoddus - which I always loved!!
Great work :applause:

Koma
06-11-2002, 06:18 PM
yah cool ,love those electronic tree and the monkey to ,cool:thumbsup: :buttrock:

drewzer
06-11-2002, 09:37 PM
Dang!! This is really nice work! You have a very cool style.
:thumbsup:

Fetus23
06-22-2002, 06:16 PM
hey dude...i went to AMTC in Calgary last year and they showed us your reel......looks familar...

fetus

dur23
06-22-2002, 10:04 PM
i was there with that sucker fetus:surprised :airguitar :thumbsup: :buttrock:

derwolpertinger
06-23-2002, 05:08 PM
really cool style man!!!:buttrock: :buttrock:
that robot monkey is looking great! just the texures seem to be a bit to low-res to me. no go on and give us an update!! :)

sabathyus
06-24-2002, 02:38 AM
yep, it was part of my graduating projects years ago, I'm flattered they're still showing it at the school. It was always a dream to fix it up and change it the way I wanted it. This was that opportunity. The animation has been left the same but I've tried to fix everything recently; models, environment, textures, etc. But, it will all have to wait another day as I'm on some other stuff right now and don't have time. Sorry. But feel free to criticize the textures,lighting, etc-just leave advice so that if I do someday have time I can fix it.
Thanks for all the compliments guys, you're more generous then it deserves

ZrO-1
06-24-2002, 05:13 AM
After looking at that pic of yours repeatedly over time I have gotten one crit:
It looks to me like some of the metal circuitry(sp?) is bumped in on some branches and out on others. I would make it all one way on the branches. That's it :) that's the only crit I could come up with :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.