PDA

View Full Version : Camera: Minolta Dimage 7i

Error404
11-15-2003, 06:53 AM
3dMax 5 for the modeling (all polymodeled), Brazil for the rendering, and Photoshop for the textures.

have had this camera for a while now, and started modeling it a few months ago but dropped it after a day or so due to other projects. picked it back up a few days ago and rendered it out :)

http://www.danielbuck.net/images/3d/camera.jpg

Lars
11-15-2003, 07:17 AM
Great work :applause:

Maybe to little light in the front

igorsandman
11-15-2003, 08:53 AM
totally agree. It's very photo real, but the front is a bit too shady. I think it adds to the photoreal aspect, because it looks like a photograph of a "bad" lighted subject. So maybe it's on purpose.
See you.
-IS-

Meka
11-15-2003, 09:58 AM
Very nice
a friend has this camera and it really looks accurate.
my crit would concern the black rubber handle: imo the bump map is a bit overdone (holes are too wide and deep), may just need scaling down and lowering strenght... it kinda gives it a sponge look and not rubber.
i also agree on the front needing to be a bit more light
anyway good job :thumbsup:

Error404
11-15-2003, 06:12 PM
Yes, I did intend for the light to be a bit harsh (yes still with soft shadows) to try an simulate a fluorescent light. The lense does look a bit dark though, I'll try and fix that for the other renders. I have a few more renders planned out, I'll post them here when I finish them.

Here is another render:

http://www.danielbuck.net/images/3d/camera_close.jpg

honkie
11-15-2003, 06:50 PM
Wow! The second one is great! looks really realistic (the only thing that distubrs is the lense again ;) )

Xtra
11-15-2003, 07:15 PM
Yes, really nice and realistic! I like those very detailed renderings. :applause:

FootFace
11-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Holy crap dude! Nice rendering job on that second one! WOW!

Novakog
11-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Photoreal man, both renders look phenomenal. I don't mind the harsh lighting, but I agree about the rubber grib, the bump seems a little overdone on it.

Oh and on the lens, I think it looks fine. Take a look at camera lens in shadow and it looks just like that.

^Lele^
11-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Ouch! Beautiful modelling, and well, nice idea lighting it from the top...
maybe really just slanting the light a tad might help the bulgy lens to catch some specs...
But man, if it's being picky! :D

L.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.