PDA

View Full Version : software render frustrum eliminates objects which should render

olwynn
01-17-2012, 10:51 PM
I am using Maya 2008 (software render) to render a candelabra to integrate into live action plates. The candle flames are on cards oriented to a locator tied to the camera. The system works very well, except when the cards get close to the right or left edge of frame, at which point the cards fail to render.

I have narrowed the problem down to this: We are using Camera.postscale .909 and an image plane undistorted and rendered overscan to compensate for camera distortion. This allows us to integrate the plates and CG and provides space outside the frame to re-distort the CGI. Though the card appears in frame at the edges, it is outside the frustrum when looked at without camera postscale.

My question: Is there a way to force maya to render these GEO elments always? Even when it thinks they fall outside of the rendered image plane?

Has anyone else had issues with geometry “popping” on and off at the edge of frame when using postscale? If so how did you solve it.

TIA
Richard

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2012, 10:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.