PDA

View Full Version : modler 4096 issue

jacobjgrant
01-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Hi all, I am trying to re-create a city from a digital map. The image is 6000x6000 pixels. Lightwave can load the image into modler no problem, but when I zoom in to do work its pixelated. I have increased image res in modler to 4096, but its still pixelated. In photshop or windows viewer, its just fine. Can I remedy this or is that as far as lightwave can go.

Need help plse.

Also I am working on a non funded sci-fi project called Harmondale Awekening if anyone is interested. Check out my website to view examples of my works.
http://www.jacobjgrant.netau.net/

aeres
01-19-2012, 03:30 AM
Yep, 4096 is as high as lw can go in terms of bg image or opengl texture size.

jacobjgrant
01-19-2012, 08:11 AM
Thank you for that matey. Thought as much. I do have another question though. I have started to use z-brush alongside lightwave, but when it comes to exporting and the apply my normal maps, I come unstuck. I have seen a few tutorials for lightwave, but they are for older versions of lightwve and I have 10. It still uses the node editor to apply the maps, but it never seems to work out properly when I do it. I have flipped, created tled maps and it still dosnt look like the zbrush model. I have pushed up the polygon count in lightwave because I was told you need about 2-3 times the ammount of poly's in lightwave to recrate the same geometry in lightwave, but it still looks odd.

The way I have got it to work as I can is to export a displacement map, then appy that to my bump map. Go into the object properties and select the bump option. It works kinda ok.

I dont use the standard way of creatingthe uv's I use the uUV master plugin.

Is there anyway around this.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2012, 08:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.