PDA

View Full Version : Plasticine?

zikman
06-10-2002, 09:05 PM
Sorry but does anyone know how to make plasticine shaders? for example...a plasticine ball or sth more complex...a plasticine character..

What attribute should be used? i Use MaYa:)

Thx in advance!

Marcel
06-12-2002, 05:28 PM
http://www.hoaxland.be/hoaxfolio/3D/beenhouwerij.html

Good reference for clay characters (that is what you mean with plasticine, if I am correct).

Looks like good modelling and a bump map will do the trick :)

Good luck!

zikman
06-13-2002, 07:52 PM
Wow thx a lot!
Perfect reference!

Thank u a lot...!

Chico
06-20-2002, 02:38 AM
Hey I got a pretty neat plastice texture for a job a while back.
Made with proceduals in Max. combination of lots of colours in a gradient ramp and falloff tweaking. I kinda forget as I did it a while ago and the resources are off site now :(

Ive had a few requests on a tutorial, So I must get round to doing one.
Heres a teaser for now, so If you are interested I may sit down one night this week and thow together something.

Greenlief
06-21-2002, 04:02 PM
Chico - I would really find a tutorial useful, as I am working on a little animated short featuring Gumby. As it is my model looks plastic, so could I get a few tips or a tutorial from you?

Chico
06-21-2002, 10:57 PM
Ill see how I go today...jus keep nagging as Im really forgetful =)

zikman
06-29-2002, 11:47 PM
:bounce:
A tutorial would be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!:scream:

KoPanda
08-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Hey I got a pretty neat plastice texture for a job a while back.
Made with proceduals in Max. combination of lots of colours in a gradient ramp and falloff tweaking. I kinda forget as I did it a while ago and the resources are off site now :(

Ive had a few requests on a tutorial, So I must get round to doing one.
Heres a teaser for now, so If you are interested I may sit down one night this week and thow together something.
Hello! I'm new to this forum and this is what I'm currently looking for. I would like to make an animation in plasticine like style with lipsync. It would be really great if you could write a tutorial on this in Maya. Thanks!

Kwun.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.