PDA

View Full Version : Scene: Darkness

buckloveart
11-15-2003, 01:10 AM
Here is a painting I am working on in Photoshop. I am thinking about painting it in oil about 3'x5' in size.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mibuck/angel2.jpg

Stratobrain
11-15-2003, 05:01 PM
I happen to love this one on first sight. The cool colours, the openness of background... and the contrasting way the subject stands out in front of it... very beautiful.

One thing that slightly irritates me is the way you cut off her lower legs and feet, while there's much space left above her head. Unfortunately, I can't give you a theoretical background on this one, it's more like an intuition. To me, she seems somehow 'pushed down' into the lower part of the image. If, in ps, I cut away the upper part of the image, just above her right wing, the composition looks more harmonious to me. I'd be really interested in other opinions on that topic though.

One more little thing, her left hand seems somehow not quite right, maybe to flat...

meatsack
11-16-2003, 10:12 PM
You should extend the nest she's standing in onto the right a little bit more, or add a bunch of crows in the background on the right, there is just too much open space that is begging for something to be in here..maybe some background elements, castles, homes etc..just an idea..can't wait to see the final!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.