PDA

View Full Version : BMW X.54is - new edition

spwar
11-14-2003, 10:28 PM
Hi, folk! After rather long break I turned back to CG. First of all I decided to carry through all my unfinished projects. And the first I started from my old BMW X.5 model that I've already shown here. But still I opened new thread because of the serious changes I've made to it. This changes most of all reached materials but also I corrected surfaces of some details and added some details too.
So here is a new edition of my BMW X.54is model:

http://www.zveed.nm.ru/Bmw_x54is_04.JPG
http://www.zveed.nm.ru/Bmw_x54is_02.JPG

You can find some more shots of the car and wireframes on www.3d02.com (http://www.3d02.com/3d_model_main.asp?id=641).
And please don't be too strict to my renders (I mean a grain) as they were made on Pentium II 366 as well as the model. By the way I used VRay.

katon
11-15-2003, 12:04 AM
thats sweet bro, but you need to fix the image tags, cause the images arent showing up. But great work, i realy like it. peace

Katon

TheShaddix
11-15-2003, 12:07 AM
Hi, i think that the model is really beautiful, as well as the way you rendered it. Disrigarding the fact that that's not a reallife scene, i got to say that the car, as well as the brand name itself, is really good.
As you said "dont be too critical", well, im gonna say what i got to say:

1.) where the headlights go it seems like it's a very thin surface there, i think you should extrude a bit inwards and make it more real life like.
2.) I think you should make new wheels (rims), because those dont look like bmw ones, more like custom made.
I dunno, but i think that the tires look too thin too.

That's about it for now, and render it with black color to see how it looks like.
Great modeling skills, pretty fine rendering.
8/10 points.

spwar
11-15-2003, 06:21 AM
I couldn't fix this bugs with images. Obviously it is impossible to use long links or asp links even though they work. So I had to move my images to other server.
And as for the car. Yes the wheels are really not from BMW X.5. But the problem is in me. I just don't like any of BMW X.5 wheels though this model is my favourite. So I created bmw m5 wheels but exactly for this model because it is the only one I've made.
As for the tires. Tires must be thin as this modification of BMW X.5 (I mean X.54is) is a sport modification.

Morbid Angel
11-16-2003, 12:55 AM
pacan, kruto smodelil no poprobuy pererenderit nemnogo, svet podstav da pritemni hrom a tak kruto vashe

TheShaddix
11-16-2003, 04:16 AM
Morbid, you know russian? Good. So do i.
Where do u live?
Who were you talkin to? DOes the author know russian too? Shit, is this a russian community here or somerhing?

Morbid Angel
11-16-2003, 05:05 AM
i live in vancouver
and yeah russians start to take over

spwar
11-16-2003, 11:53 AM
Da, soglasen, hrom nado pritemnit. Prosto ya eti kartinki renderil po 5-6 chasov i menya pererenderivat tak lomayet :))

Actually my native language is Ukrainian but as our country was a part of USSR we all know Russian too.

mihkeltt
11-16-2003, 12:12 PM
spwar: i wish we all knew russian too:) (i live in estonia and we were also part of ussr).

and the car is great but i would like to see more definition on the rear light's surface.

TheShaddix
11-16-2003, 03:26 PM
Why does it take you 5-6 hours to render? What prog. do u use man? And i think that you should write in enlish so people who dunno russian can understand.

Morbid Angel
11-16-2003, 04:20 PM
vray....is the way to go...but in your case...what pc are you using??
i have recently rendered a car, and it only takes about 15 min on a amd 1.8 ghz
? msg me on icq I' can give you some tips on light setup

frameless
11-16-2003, 04:25 PM
well done my friend :thumbsup:

Why does it take you 5-6 hours to render?

:wavey:
they were made on Pentium II 366

TheShaddix
11-16-2003, 07:47 PM
OH, yeah i forgot about that.
For a pentium 366, it's nice.

spwar
11-16-2003, 08:23 PM
... I would like to see more definition on the rear light's surface.
I work quite a lot to create rear lights properly and you would see there 4 lamp sockets if you look properly. But bump textures of scattering surfaces are smoothing much when zooming out. So the current (low) size of the picture make some details dissapear. But of course rear lights are not as ideal as I want them to be. I created this model for a competition (www.3dm-mc.com). So I hadn't much time to make them better. By the way my BMW X.5 model took second place.
But though you're right. It would be reasonable to add some more details.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.