PDA

View Full Version : "Seam" on symmetry line

PRak
01-15-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm making model of Shelby Cobra, and have one problem that I can't solve..
On the center line (where both original and symmetry mirror meets) of the model is quite visible "seam" either bump or small crease, depends how I'll possition verts in next parallel row and I have no idea how to make it nice and smooth.
Any ideas how to fix it/what causing that?

Here is photo of the model
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6003/back3r.jpg
Line is especially visible in vertical part of the trunk.

Psyk0
01-16-2012, 03:01 AM
It could be because you have too many edges near the center, subdivision works best on fewer polygons, it'll average the curve better. Remove edge loop on each side of center line, see if that helps.

Dillster
07-26-2012, 03:39 AM
It would help if we could see the wires, but Psyko is right it will be edges too close together near the centre making it a hard line. If you haven't fixed it yet, grab some edge loops near the centre and spread them further away from one another until it looks right. It will be easier to do that at a lower subd if you still can.

PRak
07-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Thanks guys. Problem solved quite a bit ago.. All I did was to collapse symmetry modifier and the seam gone.

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2012, 09:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.