PDA

View Full Version : Ministers of Design

Jori
11-14-2003, 06:29 PM
Hello!
Well, I usually come to CG talk to submit you my digitally painted pics, but this time, I want you to help me in a radical different way :)

I and a friend are working on a website, http://ministersofdesign.com .This site is our main communication tool to show to general public our services in flash design. What I need to know, is how do you see it, can you read the words (I detect some problems in win 98...), does the page loads rapidly, and other problems...

And about the way of appearing the blue images, I'm not very happy with it, if someone have some ideas :)

Concerning general design. We try to make it the most "sea" possible, because of our geographical location, Portugal...

Finally, could you rate it, in a scale of 100 this is very helpfull ^^

mankor
11-15-2003, 04:14 AM
way too small dude..but very nice other wise..had to move reeeeaaallll close to my monitor to read it

Jori
11-17-2003, 08:24 PM
Okay, way too small, but could you tell me what is your screen resolution and your operative system? I have detected some problems with win 98, and I have really to correct it.

Aelius
11-18-2003, 09:18 AM
Have you changed it? The size looked fine to me - it scaled with the window.

Jori
11-18-2003, 02:06 PM
Nope, I haven't change it yet. Yep, the scale capabality was one of the main objectives, so if you have a 800x600 or 1024x768 screen resolution, you will be always able to see it in (I hope) good conditions.

Maxx
11-18-2003, 03:14 PM
I'm running WinXP Pro, Netscape 7.something, at 1152x864, and the site itself is about the size of a postage stamp. The colors look nice, but I can't comment on anything else - the type literally looks like squiggles.

Jori
11-18-2003, 03:28 PM
hum, so, it doesn't scale to fit your screen on netscape?
How can I correct that...(if we can?).

Maxx
11-18-2003, 03:39 PM
Which version are you using? I know it is possible, but I seem to remember it being much easier in Flash 5 than in MX. And, unfortunately, I can't remember off the top of my head how it works in MX. I'll think on it - there's probably a very easy way in there somewhere that I've missed, so let's hope one of the Flash gurus here will come back with the answer for you quickly...

Jori
11-28-2003, 03:32 PM
Hello!! I've managed to make it resizable with any browser (tested with Mozilla). It is still a "strange" solution, but I think that now, anybody can see our website. I also simplify animations, in order to achieve more speed.

What do you think?

ministers of design (http://ministersofdesign.com)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.