PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: F-119 Stealth Fighter

SilverSpark
11-14-2003, 07:05 AM
This is something Iíve been working on for the past week; itís an imaginable stealth fighter by the U.S Air force, the successor to the F117 currently in use. Its heavily influenced by Macross Fighters as some might see. Everything was done with 3dsmax 6 and some tweaks in photoshop, hope you like.. Q&C appreciated, Thanks.

http://personal.visualdynasty.com/f119f.jpg

gardocki
11-14-2003, 03:33 PM
I like the design a lot, but there's no way it should be called "stealth". The surfaces are so angular, there is no way it wouldn't be seen on radar! If you look at an F-117, or an F-22 (somewhat stealthy), you'll see that they have no 90 degree angles, and as few control surfaces as possible to reduce their signature. If you really want it to look like a stealth aircraft, try removing the forward winglets, blend the engines into the back wings, and rotate the twin tails 30 degrees outward (like the F-117).

Again, I'm not bashing your design, I think it's great, but it just wouldn't work for stealth.

VerticalVertex
11-14-2003, 05:11 PM
Great work. Should be sharper thou.

Novakog
11-14-2003, 11:56 PM
The model is awesome as far as I can tell (don't know about accurate), but the texturing needs some work and the camera angles don't show the model well, they're too straight on.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.