PDA

View Full Version : Does someone know what pencil can I use for sketching?

bluelk
01-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Hi people, I would like to know what kind of color pencil is good for sketching, I have read on internet and the people recommends Col-erase pencils because their saturation, but I've found it only from Prismacolor and they sell it in sets, Do you know if there is another color pencils brand that sells individual pencils for sketching? I only want some colors, Regards.

Lunatique
01-06-2012, 04:55 AM
There are lots of choices, so it depends on what you're after. Wax-based and water-based are different in how they react to layer building, and with water-based, you can wet brushes and "paint" with them. Hard and soft lead react differently too, with hard lead better for depicting minute details.

bluelk
01-06-2012, 11:13 AM
I understand... ummm, then, Could you recommend me what kind of paper can I use?, I thought to use Stabilo Original colors, and I want to buy Copic Markers, but I don't know anything about it in relation with the paper, and which paper could be good for these products. Regards and thanks.

Lunatique
01-07-2012, 10:44 AM
The paper you use needs to match the kind of tools you are using. For example, you don't want to use soft paper with hard-lead because the hard-lead will tear up the soft paper or destroy its tooth texture too easily. If you are using markers, you need to decide if you want the paper to be slick or rough, the marker easy to blend/bleed or not, and so on. Then you need to make sure the paper can handle both markers and the kind of lead you use for color pencils. You should talk to the people at the art supply store because they know about the brands/products they carry and can give you recommendations.

tts2
02-25-2012, 12:34 AM
you need to decide if you want the paper to be slick or rough, the marker easy to blend/bleed or not, and so on.

CGTalk Moderation
02-25-2012, 12:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.